B.Sc or B.E/B.Tech

sunzeal

Disciple
Hi

I know that their is not much value for B.Sc compared to B.Tech/B.E.

But i will get low marks in Diploma (around 76%) and below 85% i won't get admission in Mumbai and i don't want to go to remote villages to just do B.E neither pay donation like 5 LAC etc.

So i want to know few things :-

Is MCA possible after B.Sc?

I want to do my Masters, so after B.Sc what will i have to do so that i can be eligible for Masters?

Is M.Sc good?

Any help will be appreciated :(

me to insame stream of flow :)

bsc IT is what choose and then will do according to my performance and interest in the field...

mca,msc.cs,mcs.it.,

etc.

then m.tech :D

If you dont want to leave mumbai, then you are taking the wrong decision buddy at an early stage of your life.... You can also look for engineering colleges from Pune if you have got 76%....

If you fail to get a seat in engineering colleges from pune and mumbai university, look for B.A.T.U college, raigad. This itself is a university. About 90% of their students get directly placed in Infosys, patni etc companies.

If this fails too, then no option but to do Bsc from some recognized college in mumbai... All the best... Decision taken now decides your future...

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

sunzeal said:
i doubt you can do M.Tech after MSC.CS/I.T because M.Tech is only possible after B.E/B.Tech
yup...m.tech and m.e possible after b.tech/b.e

i can do B.Sc from reputed colleges like Thakur or Mithibai but i want to know what exactly i need to do after B.Sc to do Masters?

entrance-exam.net/forum/general-discussion/m-tech-possible-after-b-sc-through-distance-education-admission-procedure-universities-available-same-132215.html
m.tech is possible after b.tech or equvalent exam that is m.cs or mca ;)

See i would suggest to check out options ... you can check out colleges some where in the north or in the south too it's just 4 yrs and with friends you lll love the life engg life for sure ... I know coz i am myself a engineer hostel life rocks ;)

@princeoo7 :-

make sure that's possible don't trust some websites.

BTW, what's the use of doing Masters (M.Sc/M.CA) than doing M.Tech ??

sunzeal said:
i doubt you can do M.Tech after MSC.CS/I.T because M.Tech is only possible after B.E/B.Tech
1. Yes, you can do M.Tech after getting a masters degree like M.Sc/MCA. If you want Stipend, you will have to clear GATE.

2. M.Tech is for pursuing your stream of interest and gaining more knowledge in it. It is not all that useful from a career perspective except in the rarest of situations.

3. Don't bother with M.Tech's offered though distance education because it wouldn't enhance your knowledge nor would it be useful from a career perspective.

sunzeal said:
BTW, what's the use of doing Masters (M.Sc/M.CA) than doing M.Tech ??
Nothing much from a career perspective (At least in India). But a hell lot if you are seeking knowledge in your area of interest.

From purely knowledge perspective, B.Tech itself rates considerably higher than a degree like MSc or MCA. While a lot depends on the students themselves, there a considerable gap in the kind of technical knowledge obtained even while religiously sticking to the course content. That is why post graduate degrees like MCA/MSc are put in the same technical level as B.Tech. M.Tech is a specialization course that people should be opting based on their areas of interest and it allows you to pursue your interest. Most IT companies in India don't require that kind of specialization for their work. A B.Tech or MCA would suffice and that is why most companies don't care about M.Tech.

Back