Car & Bike Back to my first love

my point is, the wet grip of the tyre <<< its dry grip, so dont expect the same level of stickiness in the wet. It would be a very expensive mistake :D

Dark Star said:
Awesome :D and very nice pics indeed :)
How you have decolorise the background only in the first image . PS ?

Congrats on the bike looks awesome :)

Unsaturate and use the history brush. :) As simple as that. Thanks.

Punker said:
well number on visor will not look gud....

Well having it on the mudguard would also spoil the look imho.

thexfactor said:
Congrats blady .. nice bike :D

I've seen a few guys paint the no on the front mudguard of the FZ's ... dunno if it's legal though.

Thanks mate. :)

Switch said:
Nice bike there Blade ;)

Congos :D

Thank you switch saar :D

TheMask said:
Congratulations Blady :p

how dows the FZ16 compare to the R15? :p

Thanks. I think you should take a TD yourself and find out :p

Keane 16 said:
Friggin beautiful!

Thanks mate

greenhorn said:
one of my friends who has an R15 says the grippy tyre is not THAT grippy in the wet. so be careful during the rains :)

I have to test that yet greenhorn but from what i have heard from fellow riders the grip on wet tarmac is great as well.

Amey said:
Congrats Blade :)

Nice bike from what I have heard,good choice.Have fun !

Thanks amey. :)

Whoa! Congrats Bladey!

I love the stance of this bike, the only negative is the thin rear wheel but I believe it aids the track-handling of the bike?

Would love to do a photoshoot someday of this. :) I have a shoot of two FZ-16s lined up for tomorrow!

Cheers!

Congrats Balde :D Yamahas definately rock. no wonder I have two and comtemplating buying another one here :lol:

@payne : R15 has the BEST tyres available in india currently :) dont go by the skinniness. In singapore, for my 40bhp NSR150SP, I use a 90/90-17 front tyre and just 110/70-17 rear tyre :p ofcourse it being a bridgestone battlax rather than MRF helps a lot :lol:

-D.Payne- said:
Whoa! Congrats Bladey!

I love the stance of this bike, the only negative is the thin rear wheel but I believe it aids the track-handling of the bike?

Would love to do a photoshoot someday of this. :) I have a shoot of two FZ-16s lined up for tomorrow!

Cheers!

Thanks Payne. The thin is the one of the best tyres available right now like sunny said. It just grips, grips and then grips some more. Amazing traction and handling. As for the photoshoot if i am in pune someday i'll be sure to drop you a line. :)

SunnyBoi said:
Congrats Balde :D Yamahas definately rock. no wonder I have two and comtemplating buying another one here :lol:

@payne : R15 has the BEST tyres available in india currently :) dont go by the skinniness. In singapore, for my 40bhp NSR150SP, I use a 90/90-17 front tyre and just 110/70-17 rear tyre :p ofcourse it being a bridgestone battlax rather than MRF helps a lot :lol:

Thanks bunny :p

greenhorn said:
my point is, the wet grip of the tyre <<< its dry grip, so dont expect the same level of stickiness in the wet. It would be a very expensive mistake :D
I rode the bike in rains today. Did not notice any twitchiness or the tyres losing grip on wet roads. Did ride hard for a few kms and tried braking hard as well. The bike obliged without the slightest complaint. So i guess that solves this misunderstanding.

Congrats Blade, thats one awesome bike you got there.....

be careful about servicing and all, yamaha service is pretty bad at least in chennai ......

Rahul said:
Congrats Blade, thats one awesome bike you got there.....

be careful about servicing and all, yamaha service is pretty bad at least in chennai ......
Thanks for the tip. I usually wait in the lounge while my bike is being serviced. Atleast thats what i did during my 1st service. I had to take an prior appointment though. :)

congrats dude!!!! my friend also has the same bike,,i love the turbo effect at 7k rpm,,,this bike is so light,,,maneuvering this bike is fun,,but i didnt like the seating posture,,i doubt if we can use it for touring

Awesome purchase ! The liquid cooled engine does the trick in terms of higher speeds. Most air cooled 200 cc / 220 c bikes can't match it. Even Karizma 250 cc will have a tough time keeping up to the R-15.

In some time we will have Honda CBR 250, and Kawasaki Ninja 250 in the market as well, hopefully. Finally we have some really fast beasts in the market, and not just Splendors and CD Dawns ! :rolleyes:

prandi said:
congrats dude!!!! my friend also has the same bike,,i love the turbo effect at 7k rpm,,,this bike is so light,,,maneuvering this bike is fun,,but i didnt like the seating posture,,i doubt if we can use it for touring
Yep after 7k rpm it just pulls away from the "other" bikes. As for the touring part once you get used to the posture and figure out a fatigue free position it can be used for touring. Recently someone did Leh on his R15, and a few people have ridden around 3k kms on this baby. It's a great bike for munching miles. You can cruise at speeds of 100+ without a care in the world. :)

chic_magnet said:
OMG!!! What do you that u can afford such beauties???

Whenja getting it for a meet? I wanty test drive :D :p
Rob a bank ;). Sure i'll let you TD it. (once you learn how to ride sanely) :p

mallik said:
Awesome purchase ! The liquid cooled engine does the trick in terms of higher speeds. Most air cooled 200 cc / 220 c bikes can't match it. Even Karizma 250 cc will have a tough time keeping up to the R-15.

In some time we will have Honda CBR 250, and Kawasaki Ninja 250 in the market as well, hopefully. Finally we have some really fast beasts in the market, and not just Splendors and CD Dawns ! :rolleyes:
Thanks mate. Yep the baby ninja is close to launch is what we keep hearing. Hopefully it does get launched in this year.

Back