Bangalore - Night Life

rPOk

Adept
Jan 24, 2006
I'm going to bangalore this week to present a paper in a conference and will be there till sunday. I wanted to know which are the best pubs to hang out in.

I only care about the music and the crowd. Hard rock, alt rock, metal works for me.

So b'lore peeps care to tell me which pubs/cafes i should go to with my friend? I'm looking for something like Cafe Morrison and Turqoise Cottage in Delhi.

I have heard abt Styx and Purple Haze in Bangalore.

Chaos

Skilled
Jan 29, 2005
^^Styx has gone to the dogs. Stay away! PH used to be awesome once upon a time but the only folks these days that land up there are gh3ys. Unfortunate but true.

Hard Rock Cafe is newly opened and decent. However its quite heavy on your wallet. If you haven't been to an HRC before, its definitely worth a visit. The other place I quite like is Opus. However they play more classic rock than metal. Most of the "crowd" these days go to the trance pubs/lounges like Fuga/Athena/Hint/ZeroG and the likes. Rock pubs are a dying breed.

Unfortunately bangalore is a sad place for night life these days unlike a few years ago. There are all sorts of weird rules... everything closes after 11:30pm, no live bands any more, booze and dance floors can't be mixed together. Its really sad. Glad I'm getting outta here :p.

BTW what conference? PM me your number if you wanna catch up with a few blore TE folks.

rPOk

Adept
Jan 24, 2006
Ok thanks...

yeah my friend in b'lore told me abt stupid timings rule...out here cafe morrison is open till atleast 2am...and no cover charges....

I'm going for CDN Live - Cadence conference calling for all designers using its technology and discussing the challenges in various aspects of chip design...

I'll definitely try to meet the b'lore te folks...and Chaos - i want to hear ur audio setup...if you're free anytime this weekend, let me know... :)

Chaos

Skilled
Jan 29, 2005
rPOk said:
Ok thanks...

yeah my friend in b'lore told me abt stupid timings rule...out here cafe morrison is open till atleast 2am...and no cover charges....

I'm going for CDN Live - Cadence conference calling for all designers using its technology and discussing the challenges in various aspects of chip design...

I'll definitely try to meet the b'lore te folks...and Chaos - i want to hear ur audio setup...if you're free anytime this weekend, let me know... :)

I'm heading to bombay on saturday morning and won't be back till sunday evening. What time are you here? Friday evening should work okay for me.

Chaos

Skilled
Jan 29, 2005
^^Do you work in chip design? Thats pretty interesting stuff. If I weren't in graphics, I'd have probably been in that :p.

rPOk

Adept
Jan 24, 2006
yah :) i'm sr. analog/mixed signal designer :p working in freescale semiconductors - we design most of automotive microcontrollers....

superczar

Skilled
Mar 17, 2005
Howz Guzzler's inn and that blues place next door (don't remember the name) doing

It's been a while since i last went to Bangy...

Another good memory I have of Bangy is a nightclub called insomniac where we boogeyed away till 5AM, but then that was aeons ago

Chaos

Skilled
Jan 29, 2005
^^Yup friday evening TE meet I guess though this time it can't be for too long cos I have a flight to catch next day at 6am :p.

SunnyBoi

Branch Manager
Staff member
Patron
Jan 31, 2005
Bangalore
Chaos said:
^^Yup friday evening TE meet I guess though this time it can't be for too long cos I have a flight to catch next day at 6am :p.
kinda same situation here, have a early morning ride at 5.30am on saturday :p

Supra

Skilled
Feb 10, 2005
Bah ! All frequent Fliers :p

Dnt Sleep thats it ! No Excuses :rofl:

Fridai Nite Meet :D

Nikhil...start thread plz :p

Chaos

Skilled
Jan 29, 2005
Supra said:
Bah ! All frequent Fliers :p
Dnt Sleep thats it ! No Excuses :rofl:

Fridai Nite Meet :D
Nikhil...start thread plz :p

Bah then you drop me to the airport after that :p.

rPOk

Adept
Jan 24, 2006
woah....you b'lore guys are always ready to party/meet....hehe....fri night at chaos's place it is then...