Bangladesh!!! why are they even playin cricket???

stalker

Skilled
All that they did against the aussies was nothin but another flash in the bengali pan...
england of all teams, racked up 391 against them...
i wonder how much the 'tigers' are gonna reply with...

do these guys even deserve a place in international cricket? after their win over the aussies, i read an article on cricinfo.com, where someone was talkin abt the bangaldeshi's being better than zimbabwe and kenya!! what in hell is the ICC achieving by having such mediocre teams competing on an international stage along with teams like the aussies(despite thier recent poor form), SA, ind etc?? imo international cricket should be divided into two... nd bag, zim, ken nd a coupla assosciate nations should be dumped into the lower league... let them have a promotion relegation system wherein, every 3/4 yrs one team gets promoted nd one demoted...
whatsay guys??
p.s: i shudder to think of what would have happened if kevin pietersen had come out to bat....

I beleive you would not have said this abot 35 years ago when India was not such a good team... Anyways coming back to bangladesh... It takes time to be mature enough... I am not favouring them but ever now and then they do pull something off... Dont they and dont forget... England is right now in thier prime form... They look good enough for the next world cup... Also there have been instances when India have posted 375 against SriLanka(WC 1999 to be precise)... So it was excellent cricket by England's rather then awaful cricket by bangladesh...

well, you cant have a world cup with just around 10-12 teams....look at football (or soccer for yer yankees) look at how many teams compete for the Fifa WC?

you want 12 teams competing for the cricket WC for the next century, thats fine by me.... but only the exposure of international ability to these 'minnows' will encourage them and other countries to join up to play cricket a bit more enthusiastically..

p.s. i dont like cricket...

nd bag, zim, ken nd a coupla assosciate nations should be dumped into the lower league... let them have a promotion relegation system wherein, every 3/4 yrs one team gets promoted nd one demoted...

Well that would be a bad idea ... unless the weaker times play adewuate matches against stronger teams, there is no chance for them to improve. You have instances like Sri Lanka in 1996 ... and boy you don't want to miss such things :)

stalker....icc can allow usa,canada and countries lik brazil to play cricket....but inorder to get selected for the world cups...they atlest need to be in top 4(or 6) of icc trophy...........they get knockout earlier...and countries lik bangladesh and kenya and uae comes in top 3..........now wht can they(usa+) do if they play badly.................regarding test status...majority of test playing nations voted in support of bangladesh.......thats why.........also we need some countries in front of which gangully can score a century...so bangladesh is there 4 us.....

Back