Banking robbery: Axis revises banking charges to almost double!

nRiTeCh

Skilled
Today received email from Axis bank stating Revision in tariff structure for Axis Bank Savings A/c.

1617290333904.png

So went ahead clicked on the link only to find pdfs mentioning double the charges for even basic things.

1617290494637.png
1617290612942.png

1617290559553.png
1617290516210.png

So like for receiving even a basic transactional sms user will get charged 25p/sms. Outrageous!
100 bucks to update the bank for personal details update? Joke! As if their executives have to travel to another metro city branch like ancient era to update such details.
MAB hiked by 5-10k, why not 30k then, we all have hidden khazana in toilet isn't it?

This is such a cheap act by banks to loot their customers on their own money.

Tomorrow they might come up with a system where if you use their baking app, for ever finger tap you will be charged 5 paisa!
In short, you will be soon restricted to your ow money and for accessing you have to spend money!

Last edited:
SBI is good , i would rather say with the amount of user base they are the most improved bank and on track ,they should avoid all of this nuisance of extra charges.

I hold a salary account with Axis and received such email. Am yet to go through the charges. If they are different I’ll update this thread. What worries me of other banks following suit.

Hell what kind of loot is this? We are getting looted for our own monies. I sincerely expect other banks dont fall for this.

I never get such emails from hdfc or citi which handle most of my banking... Are salary accounts exempt from these charges?
Salary accounts from nearly all banks are exempt from all charges. Only if the salary doesn't get credited for a few months, then they convert it in to a savings account and start applying charges.

Axis Bank has always been the worst of the lot in terms of charges. Every credit and debit card of theirs carries issuing and recurring charges when most other banks offer it for free provided you fulfil certain conditions. I had once applied for the Flipkart Axis Bank card and after completing the entire documentation process, when I didn't get an update and contacted their customer care, it turned out that the application number doesn't even exist in their system. Really not sure why anyone would want to have an account with them, especially with the issue they are having with bad loans for quite some time now.

The 10k monthly was the one thing keeping me away from Axis bank. As if it was already not high enough.
Tomorrow they might come up with a system where if you use their baking app, for ever finger tap you will be charged 5 paisa!
In short, you will be soon restricted to your ow money and for accessing you have to spend money!
This might really happen.

Back