Barracuda 7200.10 in the house :)

RiO

Skilled
Finally managed to get a 320GB Seagate Barracuda 7200.10 16MB Cache SATA 3.0Gb/s Hard Drive (OEM) today from Golcha Computers on SP Road. I was lucky, that was the last hard drive they had and it will be another week before they get stock again.

Cost: Rs.5,200 including VAT :)

Off to install it now... things are falling in place well, hopefully, my rig will be complete next weekend :D

Congrats !!! Can you please make sure that the drive has the full 5 yr warranty at Seagate's website as you've mentioned that its an OEM drive ?? Our fellow member Raghu got a 80GB Seagate which he thought was retail but was an OEM and he ended up being f***ed when it came to warranty.

Freaky said:
Congrats !!! Can you please make sure that the drive has the full 5 yr warranty at Seagate's website as you've mentioned that its an OEM drive ?? Our fellow member Raghu got a 80GB Seagate which he thought was retail but was an OEM and he ended up being f***ed when it came to warranty.

naa yaar all seagate drives oem or not have 5 year warranty..

That's right... no retail versions available in India, not anywhere :) And yes, it does have 5-year warranty.

xplicit said:
As a wise man once pondered..... "What in the world will u do with so much storage??" :p

mr.x, yeah yeah I asked that question lol... it was for people with over 500gb storage :D Anyway, 200GB will go for recording and mixing while the remaining space will be for games and personal data :)

I have seen a boxed pack Seagate 400GB just a few days back in S.P.Road...when i asked for 7200.10 320Gb they showed me that.

That also customized Indian box....the logos of Redington,esys & Ingram Micro were there on the back side of the box :).

Back