Basic Cordless phone with essential features

laugh

Disciple
I am getting 1000 free minutes with airtel BB and want to use it effectively. No way I am going to walk to the next room and use the landline. What I plan is to buy a cordless, keep the base in the adjacent room and have the headset with me.

My concerns are will it be ok if I keep the headset away from the base for long hours. (I can keep the headset and base together during nights). I guess I must go with a cordless which supports AA/AAA batteries instead of LI-on batteries so that there is no charging involved.

The things that are important to me are voice clarity, a display and acceptable looks.

Please recommend something within 2k. If absolutely essential I can stretch the budget to 3k.

go for the panasonics within 2k, brilliant phone. you can go for ones with rechargable aa/aaa batteries, and the phone will recharge everytime its kept on the base unit
i have bought and gifted 3 of these units to relatives and they still operate perfectly after 2-3 years and everyone is happy with a cordless which doesnt mysteriously die due to hardware or battery issues, ala the sonys in the 90s and early 2000s

the panasonics can be found on infibeam and flipkart as well, some 3611 tx models...
black and white color options and you are set!

btw, these 1000 mins are all local?
:)

btw, these 1000 mins are all local?
:)

They are all local. Thats the Sad Part!

I have seen few panasonic ones in flipkart and infibeam and read reviews this morning. Can you suggest a particular model. Also, are there any quirks associated with cordless phones. I have never used one!

You can buy KX-TG4315BX it has a battery backup (for base along with handset) and won't die during powercuts. A cordless with battery backup comes handy if it's only source of communication in home and during powercuts you will be able to make/receive calls.

You can buy KX-TG4315BX it has a battery backup (for base along with handset) and won't die during powercuts. A cordless with battery backup comes handy if it's only source of communication in home and during powercuts you will be able to make/receive calls.

that is a tad more expensive, though but an option if you plan to use the cordless for business/office purposes, also worth it if you dont have power backups at home.

that is a tad more expensive, though but an option if you plan to use the cordless for business/office purposes, also worth it if you dont have power backups at home.
I purchased this for 1160 from Snapdeal..

Panasonic Cordless KX TG-3411BX Landline Phone.

After using 250 off coupon.. Though there were cheaper options.. Going as low as 800 after discount..

What you need to check out is: how much is the 1000 min of free minutes worth? 3k??

Don't buy just for the sake of it and end up spending much more, incl. your valuable time!

What you need to check out is: how much is the 1000 min of free minutes worth? 3k??
Don't buy just for the sake of it and end up spending much more, incl. your valuable time!

This 1000 minutes includes call to landlines too. Even if I assume each minute as 30 paisa worth it works out to 300 rs per month which will easily recover the phone cost.

I bought KX-TG3611SX-S from flipkart for 1810 and recived it in 48 hours. Though snapdeal was cheaper by about 50rs decided to go with flipkart because of previous good experiences and flipkart warehouse being closer to my place.

I am happy with the purchase and I keep the phone on the base during nights and all through the day I keep it in my desk. I kind of love using cordless phone. I want to use landlines especially the rotating dials again!!

Back