Graphic Cards Basic Gamer/New Monitor Widescreen issues

amitmk

Adept
Hi.. Just bought a Samsung B2030 20" monitor. I guess my exisiting mobo does not support 16:9 and i'm seeing very distorted images.

I'd also like to be able to play some games like FIFA and Brain Lara cricket. I'm just not into gaming. Just feel like playing a bit all of a sudden.

Also, I will be installing an external TV tuner card so that I can use my monitor as a TV also.

Which graphics card & external TV Tuner card do i need to install so that all these 3 issues get resolved?

Pls mention approx prices also. I don't want to spend more than 3.5 k on the grahics card. Lesser if possible.

I guess my exisiting mobo does not support 16:9 and i'm seeing very distorted images.

LOL

First right click on ur desktop and go to properties(depending on ur OS, navigate to graphic resolution)

Windows 7 automatically sets the resolution, I guess maybe u have Windows XP... now set the resolution to 1600x900, there u shud be fun now...

About the graphics card..... U can buy a 2nd hard card which will perform well and cost around that much, or grab:

Sapphire HD4670 512MB GDDR3 Artic Accelero @ 3.9k

Yes i am using Win Xp. In display setting of control panel it doesn't give me that option. Only option with something starting with 1600 is 1600 x 1200.
Can this be sorted by installing some software (like new drivers or something) or will I need to buy a new graphics card?
Where can i get a 2nd hand graphics card from?? I'll try TE Market section.
Any suggestion for an external TV Tuner set?

^^ Infact a lot of older video adapters would not support WS, but I suppose the mobo was displayed on the signature. Damn has provided a link for the monitor drivers, ideally the windows standard monitor setting should have worked too..

Umm... Never needed to install the onboard graphics for the CRT. That was what was missing. :) Installed those drivers and got 1600 x 900 after that. NOW i'm happy with the monitor.

Thanks ppl

7700 incl a wireless keyboard and mouse ka set worth 1600 MRP at Croma. So i paid the extra bucks. Its abt 7k otherwise at Lammy.

Wouldn't know abt that Saumil. I've read abt this offer on another forum too. Btw the offer is on ANY monitor @ Croma.
My choice was btw Dell & Samsung, saw both, chose Samsung.

Back