Budget 21-30k Basic PC for 4k60 display

MrB

Disciple
I need a basic pc for my 6 year old's school from home. Need teams, zoom, ott apps to work in 4k60 without any glitches/lag. No gaming. No lan only wifi. Windows 11 minimum hardware preferred.

Have the rest - 27" 4k60 hdr with hdmi/dp, wireless usb keyboard mouse, usb speakers, usb 720p webcam, ups, intel ac8265 m.2 wifi card.

Budget 20k - 30k. Have access to nehru place.

Get an AMD Ryzen 5 3400G, B450 motherboard, 450 watt Antec power supply, 8GB * 2 3200 MHz RAM and a WD SN750 512 or 256GB NVME SSD
Would recommend going for a cheaper, higher capacity drive like the WD SN550 instead of a super high end one like SN750 for the given purposes. Also could go with 1x8GB 3200 stick for now and upgrade later if requireed; 16GB is simply overkill for the given purposes.
Also bro @vaibhavyagnik the prices for 3400G are super high rn - it's priced at 20k on PrimeABGB and 15.5k on MD Computers for OEM version, which would make your build impossible with it.

@ruiner21 is selling desktop mini
Just add ram and apu of your choice and you are good to go.
Yup, would highly suggest this option as well. Get a 2400G (priced at 12k on MD Computers, likely a bit cheaper at Nehru place) and add 1x8GB DDR4 3200 SODIMM (at around 3.5k - 4k on Amazon) and 500GB WD SN550 or Kingston A2000 or Samsung 970 Evo (whichever is cheaper, they're usually around 4.8k - 5.5k). Would be incredibly portable as well.

@ vaibhavyagnik - Good config but way over budget. All I really need right now is for teams to works flawless at 4k60. No lag when pressing mute unmute and cam no cam even after hours of use. My 6 year old is going to be jamming the button/icon a lot. If this is windows 11 certified then can look at it.

@ chetansha - This might be perfect for my needs but alas it's done. IMHO small form factors have thermal issues. I have the space for a mid tower (not that I need one).

@TheCoolerPlayer - I completely agree with you. Lately have bought a few different 1tb nvme drives (blue, black, oem samsung, evo plus, etc) for laptops. Came to conclusion wd sn 550 is best price vs performance vs power consumption vs thermals vs availability. Leaving out gaming and professionals, don't see how any one can saturate 3000mb. There's nothing affordable in the market to even copy paste too.

Need to buy this asap. I can buy used only on this forum at fair prices with warranty. I haven't thought about future upgradability, if there is some way in my current budget, I'm open to ideas.
Might be looking at this wrong. I can spend max 30k now and another 20k in the next 12 months if need be.

Lastly I might be able to source a dell latitude 7390/7490 in mint/great condition for around 40k (don't need another laptop). Use usb c to dp and call it a day.

@ vaibhavyagnik - Good config but way over budget. All I really need right now is for teams to works flawless at 4k60. No lag when pressing mute unmute and cam no cam even after hours of use. My 6 year old is going to be jamming the button/icon a lot. If this is windows 11 certified then can look at it.

@ chetansha - This might be perfect for my needs but alas it's done. IMHO small form factors have thermal issues. I have the space for a mid tower (not that I need one).

@TheCoolerPlayer - I completely agree with you. Lately have bought a few different 1tb nvme drives (blue, black, oem samsung, evo plus, etc) for laptops. Came to conclusion wd sn 550 is best price vs performance vs power consumption vs thermals vs availability. Leaving out gaming and professionals, don't see how any one can saturate 3000mb. There's nothing affordable in the market to even copy paste too.

Need to buy this asap. I can buy used only on this forum at fair prices with warranty. I haven't thought about future upgradability, if there is some way in my current budget, I'm open to ideas.
Might be looking at this wrong. I can spend max 30k now and another 20k in the next 12 months if need be.

Lastly I might be able to source a dell latitude 7390/7490 in mint/great condition for around 40k (don't need another laptop). Use usb c to dp and call it a day.
A shame that you couldn't get the deskmini. In that case, since you can stretch your budget to 30k, add a MSI B450M Pro VDH mobo, USB wifi and any case+PSU combo (of at least 250W) with leftover budget you come across in Nehru place to my already mentioned config above. Just be careful with the case+psu combo since you will have to upgrade psu if you plan to add a GPU later on, otherwise all good.

1625981181493.png
Pricing has really gone for a toss right now! Add a SSD to this and you are golden. You can afford to put in a second stick of RAM but primeABGB has only 1 stick in stock. Other RAM of same frequency are costly by about 700 Rs.

Even this seems to be a decent deal - https://amzn.to/3kjn9hV

Thank you all for the suggestions. Will go to nehru place this week. Just waiting for a rma tp link router to arrive.

Update - Have been offered 2 pc from a reliable nehru place vendor. I have not seen them but condition should be 8/10 at least.
1. dell optiplex 3060 tower barebone (board, case, psu) @ 7.5k
2. hp600g5 sff i5 9th gen (no ram and no hdd/ssd) @ 19k
Both have windows 10 pro.

Have a wd green and kingston uv400 240gb sata ssd. Can use any one drive.
I am leaning towards the hp pc. Just add 8 or 16gb ram, use my sata ssd and be done for now.
Should I get one of these or new ryzen assembled?

Back