Budget 31-40k Basic RIG

Yash Mathur

Disciple
Q: What is your budget?

Q: What is your existing hardware configuration (component name - component brand and model)

• N/A

Q: Which hardware will you be keeping (component name - component brand and model)

• Monitor - Samsung ( Some CRT model)

Q: Which hardware component are you looking to buy (component name). If you have already decided on a configuration then please mention the (component brand and model) as well, this will help us in fine tuning your requirement.

• Nil

Q: Is this going to be your final configuration or you would be adding/upgrading a component in near future. If yes then please mention when and which component

• Yes, final config

Q: Where will you buy this hardware? (Online/City/TE Dealer)

• New Delhi/Gurgaon

Q: Would you consider buying a second hand hardware from the TE market

• No

Q: What is your intended use for this PC/hardware

• Gaming(Mild)
  • Browsing
  • Desktop Processing
  • HTPC
  • Download rig, 24x7 operation

Q: Do you have any brand preference or dislike? Please name them and the reason for your preference/dislike.

• The brand should have good after sale service in India.

Q: If you will be playing games then which type of games will you be playing?

• FIFA, NFS

Q: What is your preferred monitor resolution for gaming and normal usage

1. Gaming - 1280x728
  2. Desktop - 1440x900

Q: Are you looking to overclock?

• No

Q: Which operating system do you intend to use with this configuration?

• Windows 7 64 bit
  • Ubuntu
So finally what i am looking for is a 35k rig which will let me play FIFA 13/14.... I don't want a GPU at all . So if it would be possible to play these games using the integrated GPU. All i want is that this rig should give me medium graphics and this rig to be able to sustain me using software's like Solidworks. So basically(again) , the best possible rig at 35k with a GPU.

Yash Mathur Go with this-
Intel i3 3220-7.5k
Gigabyte B75M-D3H-4.5k
Corsair Vengeance 2X4GB 1600mhz-3.3k
Segate 1TB 7200rpm-4.3k
Sapphire HD7750-7k[You'll need a mid level GPU to play future fifa and other games]
Corsair CX430V2-2.4k
Nzxt Source 210 Elite-2.7k OR CM 310 Plus-3k

Well, shouldn't i just go for
Intel Core i5 3550 ~12000/-
Corsair Vengeance 4GB x2 1600MHz ~3000/-
Seagate Barracuda 7200.14 500gb ~3500/-(I won't require 1tb)
My friend has a similar config(without the gpu), and fifa 13 works like a charm on his rig.

Well, shouldn't i just go for
Intel Core i5 3550 ~12000/-
Corsair Vengeance 4GB x2 1600MHz ~3000/-
Seagate Barracuda 7200.14 500gb ~3500/-(I won't require 1tb)
My friend has a similar config(without the gpu), and fifa 13 works like a charm on his rig.

Because future titles might not work at all.

What resolution does he play the game at?

Also the next generation of consoles is on us, SONY has details the PS 4. It is only due time that the Microsoft showcases the successor to the XBox 360. This will mean a bump in the graphic quality of consoles, which means we might see better things in the coming FIFA titles on PC.

Are you sure, you won't require a 1TB drive, at any point in the future?

Instead of the Core i3 you can go for the Core i5 3330 ~9000/-.

Hope this helps, Cheerio!

I think he plays at 1152 X 864. Okay so how about i go for the the i5 3550 and go for an upgrade for the gpu later?(1.5 years from now i.e. if it is really needed).
Also you say that i should have a gpu to play games coming out in the future but shouldn't i have a good processor too?
I am quite sure that i won't be using even the 500 gb of space :)
On a completely different note, how much do you think the ps 4 will cost?

Thanks

I think he plays at 1152 X 864. Okay so how about i go for the the i5 3550 and go for an upgrade for the gpu later?(1.5 years from now i.e. if it is really needed).
Also you say that i should have a gpu to play games coming out in the future but shouldn't i have a good processor too?
I am quite sure that i won't be using even the 500 gb of space :)
On a completely different note, how much do you think the ps 4 will cost?

Thanks

Up-to you then, if you have already made up your mind on a Core i5.

Will you upgrade your monitor as well, when you buy the graphic card?

Okay.

Don't know because all sorts of prices are being marked for the same, some speculate ~$400 and others go as high as $650. So only time will tell what the price would be for a PS 4.

I have not decided on i5 but i really want a good processor. So i am inclined towards the i5. Okay, so with the gpu aside i was saving 7k but now with the i5 i will have approx 4-5k (since i am going for the 500 gb hard disk). So what do you suggest i can improve on?

I have not decided on i5 but i really want a good processor. So i am inclined towards the i5. Okay, so with the gpu aside i was saving 7k but now with the i5 i will have approx 4-5k (since i am going for the 500 gb hard disk). So what do you suggest i can improve on?

Get a larger hard-drive OR get a 20" flat-panel.

Like I said , i won't really need a larger hard drive. The flat screen can wait for later. Any thing i can improve whereas the motherboard or anything else is concerned?

If you really want a basic rig then why spend so much on i5, get i3 and save some cash.

So basically what i am trying to say is i3 + Mid-End GPU >> i5 + No GPU

Like i said, I have a strong inclination towards i5 as it will suffice for my gaming needs(for me gaming will mostly include fifa) for now. Should i require something more in the future , i can always buy a good gpu(15-20k) but this is later as i'll have more cash then. As long as the total comes to 35+2-3 it's alright sooo..

i3 is quite enough for every basic work i can remotely imagine and don't collide gaming with CPU as CPU are not designed to do gaming and i am sure you definitely want to play more games when you spend that amount on RIG.

Okay, so guys basically the reason i am not getting a gpu , is that my father (who is sponsoring the rig) doesn't want me to get into a lot of gaming( IIT aspirant here). So after a lot of begging he finally agreed for me to get a pc that can support fifa. Since he has seen my friend's rig, he is hell bent on getting a similar rig. Thus, my insistence on getting an i5. Also , doesn't that get me a good base for a proper gaming rig in the future?( I don't know much about these things , so help me out !)

Okay, so guys basically the reason i am not getting a gpu , is that my father (who is sponsoring the rig) doesn't want me to get into a lot of gaming( IIT aspirant here). So after a lot of begging he finally agreed for me to get a pc that can support fifa. Since he has seen my friend's rig, he is hell bent on getting a similar rig. Thus, my insistence on getting an i5. Also , doesn't that get me a good base for a proper gaming rig in the future?( I don't know much about these things , so help me out !)

Please consider the repercussions of buying what a friend bought syndrome just because it works fine (for them) now, this is no guarantee the status quo will be so for long.

Maybe now you don't plan to go beyond FIFA but later you get interested in some other titles, you try to play that and your efforts are frustrated because of a lack of the graphic card.

Also which class are you in? Please do not hide behind your aspirations, be clear about what you want in the future and do not foist failure onto the PC ruining it.

About future proofing, sadly no. The current Core i5's on the market will be EoL this June -->July when Intel releases the Haswell chips.

So I urge you to reconsider purchasing a RIG in a hurry because --
  • My friend has it (and thus my father thinks it is best).
  • I will play only one game on it and that is FIFA.
  • I must purchase said RIG now because later I need to study.
Think on these points and lets have a go at building you a PC OR to hold of the purchase for a later stage.

Okay first of all the so called "what my friend bought syndrome" will cater to my needs too! We both have similar if not the same requirements.
Secondly, yes you're right . I will be interested in playing other titles but the other titles can wait as they have for nearly 7 years.
My class, well i am in 12th.
How much of a performance improvement are we looking forward to in the intel haswell?

Thanks

Okay first of all the so called "what my friend bought syndrome" will cater to my needs too! We both have similar if not the same requirements.
Secondly, yes you're right . I will be interested in playing other titles but the other titles can wait as they have for nearly 7 years.
My class, well i am in 12th.
How much of a performance improvement are we looking forward to in the intel haswell?

Thanks

Still not the same deal.

I was doing an animation course and bought a said PC for ~75000/- (inclusive of Windows license) and still use it till date apart from a few minor upgrades in storage and RAM. The only major change has been my cooler.

My friend bought a PC for ~80000/- a few months later but his was a completely system save the processor and amount of RAM. His graphic card was better, he did not buy a license.

For your patience I praise as well as envy you but once the flood-gates are open I doubt you can keep stalling the inevitable onslaught of games.

In Haswell we shall see an across the board ~20% improvement in performance but the real dividends will be the improved efficiency of the processor and motherboard chipsets. Prices will be higher but I think it is all for the better and you could consider going for a more comprehensive build including a GPU.

In the end I leave it to you, if you are adamant to stick with a current generation Core i5 and add a GPU a year later I won't challenge you. Completely your choice.

I understand you man. I had difficult parents to deal with too in college and while my friends were getting cooler rigs I had to be content with a sad, dying set-up. It cannot be helped if your budget is only 35K. I second Jakob's suggestion for now - go with that rig and perhaps later in 2-3 years if you do well in your exams, you can persuade your parents to upgrade a little :)
Good luck!

Back