Audio Bass IEMs under 3K.

Since you have increased your budget to 5K, you can get DDM or the Pana HJE900. Both has good amount of bass. The DDMs supposed to have an overall better sound than the HJE900. But I have heard that the HJE900 has better treble, build quality and comfort.

You can get OEM version of DDM for about 100 USD shipped from a Japan seller and HJE900 for around INR 5500 through iccworld.com.

For 3K budget, the M2 is very good but I think it wont satisfy your Bass requirement, otherwise its perfect. M6 and NE-6 are also good options.

Cheers

Can i pick any of them directly from delhi? I'd some problems with online shopping lately.
I'm considering either Klipsch S4 or Monster Turbine (if i can get any of them as pickup from delhi). Whats your opinion guys?

DDMs highs are slightly recessed. I think rawrster's review has got it just right about the treble of DDM (he's a self confessed "treble-head" though ;)). If you are coming from RE0, DDMs will be found wanting in that department. As I mentioned in one of my quick notes, for treble - RE0 > PFE > DDM. Yet, there are things that DDM does which no other IEM of mine does in the bass and the mids.

In terms of build quality, the Zirconium Panas are far better than the Cadbury Gems err... the DDMs, I mean. Besides, the Panas have a detachable cable and you can substitute a Sleek Audio cable easily for it - a luxury at the $80-90 price range. But, their filters do fall out easily. DDM has an odd shape. I don't have an issue with fit, some people do.

Panas cables are shorter in length - only 1 m. Radius has a nylon cable that does not strike as great. But, rawrster mentioned that these are better than e-Q7 cables and less microphonic too. Keeping in mind that DDM was targeted at this segment, it makes sense why they have a nylon, microphonic cable.

I guess in terms of isolation, Panas will be better than DDM.

HJE-900 are slightly "living on the edge" in the highs, though they are said to be better than Hippo VB in that aspect. A foam mod or a proper tip is a good solution to this. DDM kind of treble won't even step into sibilant land. You have to pay a bit more attention to the highs to know that DDMs do not "focus" on it, but it is not that terrible after all.

Both Panas and DDM are said to do certain "special" things with Mids. Panas are probably a bit more warmer in the mids. As far as I've heard, DDMs are very 'musical'.

HJE-900 focuses on Mid-bass mostly. I am sure it has much more mid-bass than the DDM. DDMs do sub-bass too, do not know much about Pana's sub-bass capabilities. I don't know if Panas "rumble" like the DDMs do.

Pana's sound stage has more depth than width, IIRC. DDM's expands and contracts with the recording. It can be very wide sometimes to feel an "out of ear" sound, yet terribly claustrophobic in a few passages.

In terms of sound signature, all I can say is DDMs are unique. If you don't get used to the signature, you are going to hate it completely. There are moments where you stop to think "It doesn't sound like this with my other IEMs, headphones, speakers...."... only to get lost again in music. Panas I suppose have a bit of analytical character too.

I would not say A is necessarily better than B here. It's a choice - I went for the DDMs as I wanted something totally different from my usual PFE/RE-0 signature and I am happy that I got it without spending a fortune. You may not go wrong with either. Just be sure to read many reviews on head-fi before picking one.

strategy said:
go for ddm OEM ver @ 110
its one of the best and unique IEMs out there!

if you can sacrifice on the accessories

Thanx friend. They sure look unique. I dont care about accessories. But online shopping? I'll prefer to pickup myself. I'm going to UK for an year next week so i cannot shop online.

^^ i love my klipsch ...they indeed offer great base and good mids but ... its out of DDM's league ....the DDM retails for $160-170 ....even at that price its considered a great VFM IEM ...compared to the likes of TF10, CK10, RE252, etc...aka top-tier IEMs

to add to our luck musica acuistics even sells its oem version !!...which includes only the IEMs and a tip....no box no extra tips. ....at a great price of $110 ......theres more shipping is free......even more its FedEx ...fastest delivery!!!

i dont know why i am not ordering them ( ...er ...well i do know .....)

SO finally you are getting one of the best universals in the world..... at the best price ...with free, safe and fastest shipping ........you have ordered ...right??

^ One minor correction - Musica Acoustics OEM does not even have a tip. You can either use something from other IEMs / pay a few $ extra for tips / get something from "lostearbuds" / Soundmagic tips from mediahome / MEElectronics tips. MEE's tips are said to be very good.

bah... small setback ( though you were right to corrrect me ..i did not know.) ...he already has re2 tips ...wont they fit ( assuming all universal's (at-least famous )tips are interchangeable ....because comply tips are universal)

Guys i'm thinking about DDR. They look pretty good in every section. But looking at their design i doubt on their fit in ear. Also in many reviews its said that indoor they are very good iem but outdoor they are as good as dead due to cable and fit.

Back