Audio Bassy IEM's under 2K

ahd

Adept
Need bassy IEMs strictly under Rs. 2000. (Tried PL11 not enough for the Bass)

I've narrowed down to three:
Meelec M6
Hippo Booms
and
Nuforce Ne-6
(Not sure about the price, but from what I read, their Bass performance is good not muddied and without overpowering the Mids and Highs)

Please add in more to the list and also where to buy it.

Thanks

I have nufornce NE-7M from the reviews i read NE6 and NE-7M are the same except for the mic addition , i would like to tell you bass is really good not overpowering after burn in untill then bass is a tad too much , after burn in i felt sound quality is very good for a IEM which i got sub 2k (2nd hand but hardly used for 4-5 hrs).....i have a sennheiser CX-180 also with me which cost me 1.5k and must say NE7M sounds much better

Don't know where people are getting them from these days but the ne-6/7m are as good as it gets in the under 2k range as far as bass is concerned.

ahd said:
Need bassy IEMs strictly under Rs. 2000. (Tried PL11 not enough for the Bass)

I've narrowed down to three:
Meelec M6
Hippo Booms
and
Nuforce Ne-6
(Not sure about the price, but from what I read, their Bass performance is good not muddied and without overpowering the Mids and Highs)

Please add in more to the list and also where to buy it.

Thanks
Check out the BrainWavz M1, I think it'll fit your bill and there is a review by a TE member about it too. Only downside is delivery takes 2 months. http://www.techenclave.com/reviews-and-previews/brainwavz-m1-excellent-bang-for-buck-189235.html

IMO, Brainwavz M1 does not have more bass quantity than PL11, but it has more quality.

If Bass is most important, you should chose Ne-6 or Brainwavz M2.

Why was PL11's bass not enough? From whatever I've read I thought PL11 was bassy. Do you mean the bass quantity or is it overpowering mids and highs for you?

I've not heard NE6 myself, but it seems like a very good choice for a bassy IEM. NE6 at this time, needs to be bought directly from NuForce, I think. They do ship directly to India. But their site had some issues (displaying "cannot be shipped to India") when I ordered the uDAC-2 upgrade board. Needed to drop some E-mails and get it done through Google Checkout. Shipping cost tends to be a tad higher ($20+), so if there are any other sources, try them first.

Instead of M1, I'd go for M2 - that too locally from PristineNote. But, if you are a bass-head, then you might also want to read this opinion - Brainwavz M2 bass response - Head-Fi.org Community. If it's quality you prefer over quantity and impact, by all means, settle for M2.

Hey all thanks for the reply. I bought Brainwavz M2 (Pristine Note) after auditioning a couple of Earphones like Hippo Booms and VBs, Brainwavz - ProAlpha, M1 and M3, Audio Technica CKS50, Sherwood (don't know the exact make)

M3 was best in the lot but the treble was slightly on the higher side and the cost too. So happily settled for M2s

Thanks for the timely help !

^ Wow . That was quiet a lot of auditioning .That's one great thing about visiting Pristine Note store physically ;). Your impressions about other IEMs and why you chose the M2 ,could be helpful to others !

Back