Audio Bassy IEM's without compromising in other aspects. budget 2.5k

bmwfanboy

Disciple
I'm not a audiophile and i don't understand what is meds, lows and stuff like that so i'll try to explain my requirements in n00b terms.

i use ipod touch 4G, and i've been using Soundmagic ES18 since last 9 months. I am happy with it as it offers right amount of bass and sound quality [other intruments]. feels balanced.
I felt like i need a new pair of IEMs offering more bass, so i bought sony MDR-XB30EX after checking flipkart reviews on flipkart. I was totally disappointed with XB30s as they offer good bass, but other intsruments and vocals sound a bit muffled as compared to soundmagic ES18 which feels well balanced while offering good bass. personally , i think ES18 >> XB30EX

my requirements = 1. I want something which can offer excellent bass without compromising on other aspects ie: Shouldn't sound muffled like sony XB30 does. It should be well balanced while offering xcellent bass. like ES18 does. and It should be better considerably better than ES18s.
2. Build quality should be good as i'll use them for atleast 1.5-2years.
3. L-shaped connector.

I am thinking about Signature acoustics C12. any suggestions?

budget is 2.5k. can increase to 3k MAX only if necessary.

ps: does it worth spending 2.5-3k on earphones considering i'm not an audiophile?

These are the best option under 3k -
SA C-12
Soundmagic E30
VSonic GR02 BE
Astrotec AM-90
As you are a bass lover, you should choose between GR02 BE and C-12. My choice would be C-12

does it worth spending 2.5-3k on earphones considering i'm not an audiophile?
Hard to say. I would say yes but then it is quite subjective :cigar:

btw I think you should wait for sometime before making your purchase. Hifinage is bringing out some new products and I think VC02 is going to be one of them. If that happens, go for it eyes closed.

These are the best option under 3k -
SA C-12
Soundmagic E30
VSonic GR02 BE
Astrotec AM-90
As you are a bass lover, you should choose between GR02 BE and C-12. My choice would be C-12

Hard to say. I would say yes but then it is quite subjective :cigar:

btw I think you should wait for sometime before making your purchase. Hifinage is bringing out some new products and I think VC02 is going to be one of them. If that happens, go for it eyes closed.
I don't like over the ear type design of E30.
I can't buy IEMs from sites like MP4nation as i have a debit card as my only mode of payment. i'll buy them from sites like fk, infibeam, snapdeal, ebay etc. Are these other IEMs you mentioned [vsonic ,astrotec] available in indian sites?

I'm a bass lover but i don't want my new IEMs to sound weaker in onter notes/intruments [whatever its called]. like Sony XB30EX, which produces similar bass like ES18, but reduces other notes/intruments. unlike ES18 which is a very balanced IEM with good bass. So i think i need a well balanced IEM but with a excellent punchy bass.

I was thinking about waiting till, nov/dec or even jan. but then i saw @Pro audio home that price of C12 will be increased to 3.5k soon.

Hi there.. C-12 user here as well and I can strongly recommend them! I'm not an audiophile either and I'm totally happy.

can you tell me more about its build quality? considering its made of wood any chance of breaking them if accidentally dropped?

I don't like over the ear type design of E30.
Out it goes then

I can't buy IEMs from sites like MP4nation as i have a debit card as my only mode of payment. i'll buy them from sites like fk, infibeam, snapdeal, ebay etc. Are these other IEMs you mentioned [vsonic ,astrotec] available in indian sites?
Buy from hifinage.com (currently down). You can use the debit card then

I'm a bass lover but i don't want my new IEMs to sound weaker in onter notes/intruments [whatever its called]. like Sony XB30EX, which produces similar bass like ES18, but reduces other notes/intruments. unlike ES18 which is a very balanced IEM with good bass. So i think i need a well balanced IEM but with a excellent punchy bass.
Don't worry, those I mentioned are much ahead of these xb30ex/xb40ex. You wouldn't be disappointed

I was thinking about waiting till, nov/dec or even jan. but then i saw @Pro audio home that price of C12 will be increased to 3.5k soon.
When ? :banghead: Any idea ?

Could be just a marketing gimmick.

can you tell me more about its build quality? considering its made of wood any chance of breaking them if accidentally dropped?

Build quality is really good, the cable doesn't tangle and they aren't those flat cables either. I must have dropped them couple of times, they are so light there is probably no impact at all :D

They are not "boom boom bassy", just the perfect punch and the instruments are clearly audible.

Build quality is really good, the cable doesn't tangle and they aren't those flat cables either. I must have dropped them couple of times, they are so light there is probably no impact at all :D

They are not "boom boom bassy", just the perfect punch and the instruments are clearly audible.

thanks. i think i'll buy C12.

what about the part which connects eartips, that little pipe that goes inside ears and holds eartips ? is it strong enough considering very thin Wood must've been used there?

does it worth buying the one with Brass case instead of leather? i'd use these earphones at home only, so portability doesn't matter. I'm thinking about getting the one with brass case to save wires from getting eaten/chewing up by rats.

A guy in a fb group suggested me to buy soundmagic pl11. according to him pl11 which costs 1/3 of C12, delivers everything i'm looking for. excellent bass with good quality sound and build quality. and i am not an audiophile so i wont notice any considerable difference b/w pl11 and Signature acoustics C12
How to Pl11 fare against C12?

Last edited:
Never tried P11 but even the untrained ear can easily find the differences in the low and mid segment IEMs. You should probably listen to the P11 & C12 and then make a decision. Buying the C12 would also mean that you are supporting a Made in India brand. ;)

A guy in a fb group suggested me to buy soundmagic pl11. according to him pl11 which costs 1/3 of C12, delivers everything i'm looking for. excellent bass with good quality sound and build quality. and i am not an audiophile so i wont notice any considerable difference b/w pl11 and Signature acoustics C12
How to Pl11 fare against C12?
He is just plain wrong. C-12 is so much better. You'll easily notice the difference

One last question
@forcabarca : what about the part which connects eartips, that little pipe that goes inside ears and holds eartips ? is it strong enough considering very thin Wood must've been used there?

Back