Gannu

Unbanned
ex-Mod
Developer: - Supergiant games

Publisher: - Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment

Platforms: PC (Steam), X360 (XBLA)

Type: Action RPG

Mode: Single Player

Release Date: - July 20 (XBLA), Aug. 16 (PC)

Trailer:

[youtube]mX48y24t9iU[/youtube]

The game from an indie developer (and the only one they've developed by far!) seemed to have already garnered lot of praises and released for the PC via Steam on Aug. 16. Whats more? The game is enhanced for the PC graphically as well and runs natively at 1920x1080. Check out the 720p image from the X360 and the 1080p image from the PC!

Looks like we have another winner from the indie stables! :hap2:

I've been following this game for some time now. The narrative voice acting is epic! And the way the narrative forms itself depending on what you do is awesome!!:eek:hyeah:

I can't believe nobody has responded to this thread. I'm just going to bump it.

By the way, downloading the game now :bleh:

^I suppose it is going by the gameplay videos posted in Youtube. There may not be the humor linked storyline though. :p

Bastion on PC? Now you're thinking with portals

Ars said:
All the graphical options look great on paper, but when you watch the game in action with the resolution and anti-aliasing maxed out you'll see just how beautiful the game looks. Bastion looked wonderful on consoles, but simply because of the sharpness of my PC's monitor and by sitting closer to the display I was able to pick out more of the detail and flourishes in the game's graphics. This a game with impressive graphics and animations, and the PC version shows them all to great effect.

:D

Downloaded the demo yesterday, couldn't play a lot but the narration and visuals are a treat to say the least. There goes another weekend :)

I played the whole game using mouse + KB. Not very ergonomic and I feel like I missed out. Must get an X360 controller soon.

^Ask your bro to get one, now that you gifted him a nice panel. ;)

Titles like these are best played and enjoyed using a controller.

Played it for about 45 minutes and it's really good. The gruff narrative voice of Logan Cunningham is fantastic, although I think this guy would have been better for some other hardcore game. This is more like a fantasy adventure, so a subtle narrator would have done the job just fine. Reached Bastion and chose to construct the 'Arsenal' foundation. The design is very artistic and the music is superb. Will try this game later on. :)

Back