Batman: Arkham City - Discussion Thread

PhOeNiX

Skilled
Batman: Arkham City named, dated by Warner Bros; Autumn 2011 release window targeted.

Batman: Arkham City will be out in autumn 2011, Warner Bros said today. The game, a sequel to the caped crusader's surprise 2009 hit Batman: Arkham Asylum, is being developed by Rocksteady Studios, the London-based independent team that developed the original.

The game was first shown at the 2009 Spike Video Game awards, when a teaser trailer was released. The name was strongly hinted at in July, when Warner Bros registered 15 associated domains, including batmanarkhamcity.com. The original sold over three million copies, and won a hatful of awards including Best Game at the 2010 BAFTA video game awards.

Details on the game are scarce at present. Warner Bros has revealed that Arkham City itself is a "heavily fortified" zone in the centre of Gotham City, and is home to all of Gotham's "thugs, gangsters and insane criminal masterminds." The game's debut trailer shows The Joker and Harley Quinn, who both featured in Arkham Asylum, and new villains are also promised.

Arkham City is being developed for PS3, Windows PC and Xbox 360. It has not yet been rated by PEGI or the ESRB.

Source : Arkham Asylum sequel breaking out next year - News at GameSpot

Awesome! Can't wait for the sequel. :D

The first game was indeed epic in terms of gameplay.

Aman27deep said:
I still need to complete the first, left it after 2-3 hours, damn.
LOL! :rofl:

BAA is an excellent game. I still cant finish the game 100% (PS3). completed the game on hard. Stuck on the side missions. The trailer for the new game are wonderful.

Playing this again at the hard mode now (already finished once on the Normal mode). Gameplay is truly awesome. Only wished it to last little longer. The game was too short.

I have the 'ahem' version of the first game, but its so great that I am going to buy a copy once I finish the game as its really worth it.

Now that there is a new game coming out I will straight off buy the original version only.

Finished the game on hard mode. Do not have the patience to complete all the trophies. The toughest fight was the one after the generator chamber. Final boss battle was a lot easier than some fights in the middle of the game. Very very good game.

The original was an absolute blast. Eagerly awaiting the sequel. I hope it doesn't disappoint. The first one was so well recieved because it had really low expectations (due to the trend of the quality of superhero/movie games), so with much higher expectations, this one should live up to its name =)

Batman AC Trailer

Man i cant believe my eyes whether im watching a game trailer or a movie trailer?:D damn awesome graphics:clap:, seriously i can feel the leap in graphics quality when it comes to PC Games esply all those awaited 2011 PC games. (eg. ME3)

eagerly waiting for this...

i wanted to share this first..... but anyways awesome graphics............... i had also seen another trailer few months back showing joker in it........... but this trailer is totally different...........

i will also be eagerly waiting for this..............

WOW, another batman ! :D

BUT thats CG :( , it would have b een bettter if they at least showed some in game footage ! :)

great nont the less. i think i gotta play the arkham asylum again !

Back