Laptops Battery capacity drops

Hey guys...I am using Acer Aspire 5672WMI for over 3yrs now...until two days back I was getting battery life of about 1hr 5mins..that was Wifi off, bluetooth off, CPU set to low, brightness to 80% and would last that long while watching a movie continuously...
But now its lasts only 35-40mins:S
I have no clue as to whats wrong...I was out of town for a day and on my return, this is what I get...any clue as to what could be reason?I know its an old laptop and that surely is one reason, but how come a drop of 20-25min within a day:huh:

normally laps battery will only last upto 3 years max on full potential ,and may reduce its power over time/usage.I think its time to change the battery,new original battery may cost near 3k & 2k for compatibles.

it may be a std 6cell lithium battery ,its one cell /two cell has become weak so that the time is reduced to 45mins.Expert battery technicians can replace defect batery cells too.

any way if please discharge the batery t 0% and charge to full & recheck the backup time,

for any further assistance post here !

amd999 said:
normally laps battery will only last upto 3 years max on full potential ,and may reduce its power over time/usage.I think its time to change the battery,new original battery may cost near 3k & 2k for compatibles.
Checked ebay for the battery and its available for about 3.6k...but the thing is that I was planning to sell my laptop in another couple of months and not sure if its worth spending for extra battery...

amd999 said:
any way if please discharge the batery t 0% and charge to full & recheck the backup time
It lasted for 45mins...under these conditions:
-Watching movie
-Wifi off
-CPU settings to low
-Brightness to 60%

ok,never invest in new battery if you are selling the lap, 45Mints is a decent backup for a 3yr or lap.Also many sellers in ebay are selling refurbished & fake battery kits as new & original.please keep away from them ! (in future )

my concern was sudden drop of battery life by about 20mins within a day...that was kinda strange...but I guess I cant do anything about it now...

OT:Any guess as to how much will this laptop fetch me?

Back