Android Battery is not charging

Hi,

So, I posted a few threads about the Samsung Note 10 lite earlier

Did not format as the texts in the blocked section were not getting copied via any backup software. Had to made peace with the issues. Anyways from the past two days the battery of the phone is not charging. I mean when the official charger is connected, it shows super fast charging but the % remains stuck. Maybe 1 or 2% charge in an hour or so despite displaying the super charging notification. Tried the same charger+cable with other phones and it charges them very fast. Have slow chargers at home, tried them with this phone and it charges like 1-2% in about an hour. Same thing if connected via a cable with a pc. Is there any reputed app which can diagnose the phone fully i.e. the battery, motherboard etc.? Considering the other issues faced earlier, for which I posted earlier threads, is this a sign of some major issue? Want to diagnose them first, as the service centre will directly say sir motherboard change hoga. Is the battery under warranty for 1 year or 6 months like the charger+cable? Any other help?

P.S. Never ever buy the cheap/lite version of any phone by any oem. Either buy a flagship one or the normal one's. These cheap/lite one's will always have issues.

@Kaleen Bhaiya @Emperor @CapriAnupam @Nitendra Singh @diy-maniac @D C @MadAxe

Thanks

There is 6 month manufacturer warranty on battery. So, if it's under warranty, get it replaced.

I think you will have to take the phone to the service center, and it will be better if you did. The issues in the phone seem to be too much. Let them diagnose and see what is the problem.

And I saw the price and Note 10 Lite is over 40K... how is it cheap LOL.
check charger cable or charge itself ...

As per his post, the charger works fine with other phones, so neither the charger nor the cable seems to be the issue.

Did not get notification when you mentioned me. Stumbled on the thread by accident.
Anyways looks like a hardware issue. I don't think any application would be able to diagnose this issue.
I suppose it isn't under warranty. Best bet would be to take it to the service center, get it inspected, take a quotation for repair and then decide what to do.

There is 6 month manufacturer warranty on battery. So, if it's under warranty, get it replaced.

I think you will have to take the phone to the service center, and it will be better if you did. The issues in the phone seem to be too much. Let them diagnose and see what is the problem.

And I saw the price and Note 10 Lite is over 40K... how is it cheap LOL.

As per his post, the charger works fine with other phones, so neither the charger nor the cable seems to be the issue.
Any source which says that it is 6 months? A friend of mine just told me that 6 months is for the accessories, charger+cable etc., only.

Yaar they have just one answer, motherboard needs to be changed. I am okay with it if it resolves all issues but the backup thing is stopping me.

That was the launch price, it was reduced within months. We paid around 28k for it, not saying that 28k is cheap but for a lite version of a flagship phone this always seems to be a good price. It has been now discontinued due to poor sales.
Did not get notification when you mentioned me. Stumbled on the thread by accident.
Anyways looks like a hardware issue. I don't think any application would be able to diagnose this issue.
I suppose it isn't under warranty. Best bet would be to take it to the service center, get it inspected, take a quotation for repair and then decide what to do.
Yaar the service centre guys have just one answer, motherboard needs to be changed. I am okay with it if it resolves all issues but the backup thing is stopping me.

Look in the "About this item" section for the warranty information.

As for backup, I don't think the blocked sms should be that much of an important data. You can always block the numbers again. Or, if the list isn't that big, maybe just note the numbers or text?

I think you should take it to the service center. It isn't necessary that they will tell for motherboard replacement. Atleast see what they say. It's on you whether you want to go ahead with what they say.

As for backup, I don't think the blocked sms should be that much of an important data. You can always block the numbers again. Or, if the list isn't that big, maybe just note the numbers or text?
That listing is by some third party seller, he can even price it at Rs. 1lac haha. Even the mrp, I think, is less than the price that he's charging. Couldn't find this info on Samsung's official website.
Some court related thing about the blocked texts. That is why can't even think to sell the phone. But this is too much.
Will visit them and will get back to you.

I would second what Anupam, Madaxe and others have said i.e. taking your phone to service centre given the problems you have faced. Yes, you can have doubts regarding Mobo and stuff but it has reached a point where a thorough inspection is needed.

Regarding warranty on accessories, it is mentioned in the parchi or the user manual booklet.

P.S. Never ever buy the cheap/lite version of any phone by any oem. Either buy a flagship one or the normal one's. These cheap/lite one's will always have issues.
Any electronic device can have issues . I had a Flagship Samsung S8 device which had its screen replaced thrice in 1 year due ghost touching and now use a S10 lite which has had no issues for the last 1.5 years.

Isn't battery an accessory?
Not since they have been non-replacable. The thing is, usually batteries don't go bad within a year. That was a thing of the past. And this issue of his is most probably due to problems with the charging board, if that is a separate thing these days. If he gets normal battery life during usage, then the battery is most probably alright and the issue is with the charging circuitary or even the charging point. Also seen many G8X users report that no matter what cable they are using, the phone shows 8hrs to charge fully. It's usually an issue with either the cable or the port or, in G8X case, sometimes the orientation of the cable. Have seen that message myself as well a couple of times now and cleaning the port usually clears the issue.

Last edited:
It says purchased separately
Accessories Purchased Separately (Battery)
The Handset section covers the battery that came with the phone.
Additional information

Type of Service (Handset) - Repair service carried at Samsung authorized service center
Additional Information -
Inbox Accessories warranty (From purchase date):
Battery - 12 months
Other Accessories (Charger, Handsfree, Data cable etc) - 6 months

It's 12 months on battery which comes with the phone and 6 months on accessories.
Source? Not able to find this anywhere.
Any electronic device can have issues . I had a Flagship Samsung S8 device which had its screen replaced thrice in 1 year due ghost touching and now use a S10 lite which has had no issues for the last 1.5 years.
True. Jab kismat ho gan*u to kya karega pandu.
But I have seen many issues with these lite versions from different oem's with different people.
The Handset section covers the battery that came with the phone.
Fixed an appoitment with the service centre for next week. They said warranty on battery is 6 months, will show them this page.

This looks like an issue with the charging port. See if there is any junk piled up there. If you are not sure how to clean it, do not poke it.

By all means, you should figure out a way to deal with the blocked content first, and then explore new challenges this device give you.

May be unblock the content/contacts -> back up -> restore -> block the content/contacts again?

Back