Battlefield 2 patch 1.01

How good is compared to CS:S also is your server still online at night... BTW CS:S has a new patch too... They have new T skins and a new map amongst the other fixes...

This is very good game but totally different from CSS.
This is team based game. You have your commander, supply planes UAVs, helicoptors, jets tank. basically all modern combact options.
You can call for artilary, air strike, pickup, If you are commander then give proper commands and instructions to your troops.
Its totally organised unlike any other shooter i have played.
GFX are awasome. THis new patch has done a lot of good to the game.

And yes my CSS server is online as i type this.

Initially when i installed the game and ran it it gave me error saying that "d3dx9.dll file is missing".
Had to do a google and found out that this problem was faced my number of people.Anyways i found out the link which solved my problem
"http://www.m3fe.com/760" incase anyone faces the same problem.
Can somebody plz give me a cheat for invincibility.Damn i get fragged up everytime and it is becoming a nuisance!!

LOL ! The game stutters on a 9800pro badly with everythng @ high :p ! Although i m quite sure that my processor and memory has as much part to play. The game has a lot of particle and physics effects :)

Btw i dont like the way the guns react ! almost like toys :p

dont expect it to run all high on 9800pro.
Turn down the lightning and shadows to medium and low resp.
This dosent make too much difference to eyecandy but improved the FPS.

funkymonkey said:
dont expect it to run all high on 9800pro.
Turn down the lightning and shadows to medium and low resp.
This dosent make too much difference to eyecandy but improved the FPS.
Yeah i suppose that would help ! the game seems texture intensive and you need a decent processor too ! Sheesh games these days are bloating way too much in sys requirements :mad:

yep theres a whole lot of difference in this game when i run my processor at stock and then overclocked.
I did that just bcoz i am writting a review and doing a review little differently than my all previous reviews. And i found some really interesting stuff about the performance and tweaking this game.
CPU seems to make bigger difference here. I mean yes GFX card makes difference too but without good CPU you are just not gona get it ultra smooth.

Blade_Runner said:
LOL ! The game stutters on a 9800pro badly with everythng @ high :p ! Although i m quite sure that my processor and memory has as much part to play. The game has a lot of particle and physics effects :)

Btw i dont like the way the guns react ! almost like toys :p
You know my system config right
Running the game at 1024 x 768, everything high, 2x AA or AF, i dont remeber :p
Average FPS 40, no jerking or anything, but when i go in online mode, themenus become very very very less responsive..

but the game is gooood.. ;)

Rave said:
You know my system config right
Running the game at 1024 x 768, everything high, 2x AA or AF, i dont remeber :p
Average FPS 40, no jerking or anything, but when i go in online mode, themenus become very very very less responsive..

but the game is gooood.. ;)
So the weak link in my system is the processor and the memory subsystem it seems

I am at 9800 pro
I kept at 1024 x768,everything high,no AA or AF,initially when i started the game,there were serious lagging and stutters in the game,but when i respawned,it gave me abt 55fps avg.I think so stutters are due to bugs in v1.0,patch to v1.01 may be the solution to it.
But it is taking enormous amount of memory,just started the game and it took about 800mb!!!!

Ok there is definetly something wierd going on .I tried lowering the resolution to 800x600 in order to increase my fps,but during the gameplay,when there is a lot of activity going on,the fps are falling to abt 10fps and there is horrible lagging on several occasions in fps.Is there something wrong with the game or my 9800pro??

blueyesdude said:
Ok there is definetly something wierd going on .I tried lowering the resolution to 800x600 in order to increase my fps,but during the gameplay,when there is a lot of activity going on,the fps are falling to abt 10fps and there is horrible lagging on several occasions in fps.Is there something wrong with the game or my 9800pro??
Its the game... Me getting horrible stutters in the demo too. This is on A64, 6600GT, 1GB. I tried 2GB as well and it was stuttering like crazy even then :|. Gonna buy the full version as soon as its available in hyd. Hope this patch solves the problem.

works fine on 6600gt chaos.on my pc. get the new drivers from the nvidia site. i am using those.

works perfect on 1024, everything high except, texture medium & dynamic shadows medium. & 2x fsaa.

btw whats the console command to check fps.

stormblast said:
works fine on 6600gt chaos.on my pc. get the new drivers from the nvidia site. i am using those.

works perfect on 1024, everything high except, texture medium & dynamic shadows medium. & 2x fsaa.

btw whats the console command to check fps.
I'm using 77.72 as well. Though my texture detail is set to high... maybe thats the reason why its stuttering :|

Chaos said:
Its the game... Me getting horrible stutters in the demo too. This is on A64, 6600GT, 1GB. I tried 2GB as well and it was stuttering like crazy even then :|. Gonna buy the full version as soon as its available in hyd. Hope this patch solves the problem.
FIrst get 77.30. Most other drivers are screwing up this game.
Also guys dynamic light isent making much differeence to performance. Keep it high. It looks great.
At the moment i am playing everything high except Dynamic shadows on low.
Graphic card at stock. Processor at 2.7Ghz.

funkymonkey posted 2.73 minutes later:

Chaos said:
I'm using 77.72 as well. Though my texture detail is set to high... maybe thats the reason why its stuttering :|
Game will stutter a bit in bigger maps when you go into new area. The game is loading maps as you go into that area for first time. IT smoothes out after that. Having Raid drives just reduces that stutter.

The patch has been recalled.
Reason - on some machines it was working ok but on some others, specially A64+Nforce combinations there war huge memory lead.
Grrrr. Now i have to write my revie again from scratch.

Back