Battlefield 3 - Discussion Thread

Hi guys ,
Had my first taste of multiplayer gameplay , loved it till a certain extent . Though its not bf3 but battlefield play4free .
Dumb thing normal people like me use the basic weapons provided because cant spend loads of money after " virtual guns " ? .
So sometimes it big mismatch , someone with a spas or abakan can rip you off , specially the spas , too over powered .
Thats what I hated in this game , no equality at all , now am playing as a engineer but first used to play as a recon . The basic sniper is totally pathetic . Stand no chance .

So is it the same thing in BF3 also ? . Its a one time payment for the game or even after that you have to keep paying for weapons . If it is then I wont buy this game , not worth it because no matter how long you play or credit you have , its a mismatch .

Any idea about this guys ?

What you mentioned is one of the "cliches" with the play for "free" games, either you pay and get better resources or you are just cannon fodder. But BFP4F is a very good learning experience if you are new to the Online FPS. I do agree with the imbalance but that's by design.

However in BF3 there is no such imbalance as such but you will still find more powerful guns being used by experienced guys. You simply cannot expect to wield a HRF Fn-2000 and blast everything in your path the first time you log in.

BF3 is spend-once-play-till-our-next-game-comes-out model [except for newer maps]. You spend some time with the game, get to know your class and within no time you'll be unlocking scores of one shot one kills weapons.

To answer your question, do buy the bf3 and play it to your hearts content without paying a dime again.

P.S No offense, but people who are new to FPS or "noobs/newbs" crib that the match is unfair because of "over powered guns" but that's not the whole story. The skill of the player plays a "huge" role. You'll find videos of guys with nothing more than a Beretta for the entire match have a k/d ratio of 1.5. So get your skill up and your "tool" wont seem that important.

@memnom
Thanks a lot , and no offense taken , am all for learning from you veterans .
I am playing this since some time , what I meant was this is my first online game .
I understand when you stress on skills but am talking consider two people with same skill , that is what I am talking of .
When I was playing as a recon , the rifle was pathetic , atleast when you make a role as a recon , he has to have atleast half a decent SNIPER rifle . People shoot you from the opposite side with a uzi which is supposed to be a short range weapon and its accurate but the sniper inst to the same distance , Now enjoying as a engineer , atleast he has a better SMG by default .
I dont care about k/d ratios and stats , I play to enjoy but when I play I like to win those personal one on one duels . Imagine sitting in a perfect sniper positions since minutes but you rifle betrays you .
I have a lot of credit points but cant buy anything except adrenaline shots or bandage lol , between the shots are very useful .
Yes will hone my skills more , cant muster that 1.5 KD with a pistol . My SMG is fine :D .
Anyways good to know BF3 aint like that .

Origin is a pain in the a** , download starts from start everytime connection is cut . Dont know why people curse Steam , I have found it absolutely perfect .

Last edited by a moderator:
BF3 Premium and buying all individual expansion packs works out almost same, pricewise- so I might as well buy Premium if getting extra perks.
I bought BF3 (LE out of stock :mad:) and then had to buy B2K as a lot of good/low ping servers moved to B2K.
I would like to try the new maps in CQ but am not very fond of indoor maps- I suck at it.
So the next expansion i buy will mainly depend on the number of playable servers available for the same. :)

Next expansion pack Armored Kill will come out this September, it consists largely of open big maps so might suit you as you don't like indoor maps, while CQ pack was a sort of flop that's why many servers did not host CQ maps, but things are looking good for AK
BTW whats your IGN/Origin ID?

I tried to join the Indian server. But it always tells me
"Your active soldier is not ready for duty".
I saw that there is a small icon that says "BF3 PC" along with the server name. I am on PS3. Is that the reason? Do I need be playing from PC to join the server?
which means your have your account associated with PS3 and this PC server...
You can only join PS3 server(From PS3)

I just login in my origin account and it started 2.2gb data download .... :O What is it Armored Kill dlc or the coming patch or just regular update ?

I just login in my origin account and it started 2.2gb data download .... :O What is it Armored Kill dlc or the coming patch or just regular update ?
the patch. AK DLC is on 11th september.

got boomed by c4 at bomb point B yesterday night by photon :p
haha that was for getting the mcom defender ribbon. eventually got the mcom defender medal today. and as my fate would have it, from today onwards it is not going to be that boring and annoying to get it :p

_

OT :
@memnom

You were right :) , I just needed some practise , after getting used as an engineer , went back to my recon account . Now get good scores , the problem was getting adjusted to the cross hair scope .
Now I get some nice shots , so I take my words back , its a decent rifle . Enjoying sniping people . And motions sensor is an absolute joy :head2:

Last edited by a moderator:
Back