Car & Bike BBC Top Gear - Discussion Thread

wasnt as funny as i thought it would be
i was thinking the trio would go biblical on indian road condition/traffic/stupid retarded arses driving/retards crossing at no x-ing zone...
end credit names = lol

For people who didn't watch the special and want to know what the controversy was about (contains screenshots)
PKcUO.jpg

manu1991 said:
For people who didn't watch the special and want to know what the controversy was about (contains screenshots)

PKcUO.jpg

Totally awesome. Too bad I cant rep you for this. A like will have to do ;)

Yes, the Indian episode was crap. Nothing special, and more on that they mocked about the Indian culture too much. How did the authorities let this go off so easily? No one protesting about it?

Wouldn't call it mocking Indian Culture but it was their typical in your face humour...

Though too many shots dipicting only bad things in India.

Why are people getting so offended?

Did you see Top Gear for the first time or what?

And I don't see anyone shouting when they are like this about other countries/cultures? All you do are laughing with them.

How hypocritical for you
<

That's how the show and Jeremy Clarkson has been since forever. Stop complaining and let a good show be the way it is.
<

I found it to be pretty bland. But I have to say that I dint find that much offensive content as people would have you believe. Compared to their usual repertoire, the humour seems to be toned down if anything (keeping in mind the sizable viewership in India maybe).

They could've made it much better, and I was left disappointed...

A little late but very much expected - http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/...show-India-tells-BBC/articleshow/11463798.cms

I found nothing to be offensive. You will be portrayed as you are tbh. Its high time we as a nation get our act together as our useless politicians won't and clean up our nation and look towards providing ourselves with better infrastructure. I see nothing portrayed wrongly or in a derogatory light in the Top gear India special.

Last week, I've been watching some of the older Top Gear special episodes... I think for those who think Top Gear India special was offensive, please go wash your face, drink some real hard-up coffee and then watch TG American specials. Now that is how you offend someone in their face. Considering the flair TG trio showed against Americans, I would say Indians got off easy. I was expecting to more firecrackers in regards to bad road conditions, traffic jams and utter lack of system (epsecially other cities than Mumbai), but everything seemed to be toned down, or as couple of times the hosts quipped in other contexts, "politically corrected" or "being diplomatic".

I'm sorry, but that's the hard truth... it seems when we talk about crap in our house, it's consider truth-via-comedy or dark sense of humor... but when someone else does it, it's rasicm. On the other hand, we don't seem to take notice about things right in front of us, unless someone else comes from outside and shows it to us. Talk about being hypocrites.

Saw it the other day, it was pretty bland and disappointing. I mean why on earth did they travel by train? Half the journey .... covered by train? Wow. As for the offensive parts, we got off pretty easy in my opinion. I'm rather surprised that so little was said in the first place.

.. I was expecting to more firecrackers in regards to bad road conditions, traffic jams and utter lack of system (epsecially other cities than Mumbai), but everything seemed to be toned down, or as couple of times the hosts quipped in other contexts, "politically corrected" or "being diplomatic".

I'm sorry, but that's the hard truth... it seems when we talk about crap in our house, it's consider truth-via-comedy or dark sense of humor... but when someone else does it, it's rasicm. On the other hand, we don't seem to take notice about things right in front of us, unless someone else comes from outside and shows it to us. Talk about being hypocrites.

So damn true.

If one has seen the episode, check 01:07:00 (seek 1hr 7min), the part where Jeremy gets hit by a truck is very realistic.

That stretch of road (lying beneath Chandigarh-Zirakpur flyover) is actually an accident-prone area with no traffic management at all, and it's very common to have Truck-Car/cycle/pedestrian collisions over there.

So I would'nt have been shocked if Jeremy got ran over by the truck in a real-life situation.

Offensive comments about India would've gone overboard then, and we would have politely said it's unevitable to have an accident in our poor India.

they normally do their episode in a humorous way. We should take it lightly. Its an adventure of three middle age man in different setup every year..

I like their way of presentation. but India special was a little hopeless. I was expecting a lot from it. as we were following it from the very day they arrived in India and started their shoot in Mumbai.

It would have been very enjoyable if they had done the whole road trip from Mumbai to Jaipur.

Back