Beam Fiber New Tariff plans - Hyderabad

agantuk said:
^ Well, Bangalore is not a metro. India has only 4 metros - Delhi, Mumbai, Kolkata and Chennai.
thx for pointing what i wanted to say so cleared as i was just talking abt metro and hyd is not a metro so no big small area volume here

OK, we are way off topic here, but if we are looking for 'metro's in India, there are only 4 as per the government. Anyone claiming HRA would know for sure. Others know that there has never been a change in the number of metros since a long time.

In India, the Census Commission defines a metropolitan city one having a population of over 4 million. Mumbai, Delhi, Chennai, Kolkata, Bengaluru, Hyderabad,Nagpur, Ahmedabad, Pune, Nashik and Surat are the ten cities that qualify. Residents of these cities are also entitled to a higher House rent allowance. The figure only applies to the city region and not the conurbation.

source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Metropolitan_area#India

vikkymath said:
I would say it Depends, there is no problem at CC end. The problem comes with the local technicians, so u need to take down his number to enjoy Seamless internet.
I can Tell you that the connection is totally in the hands of Local technician of beam. So chai paani is must once then.. which area btw?

yeah. Beam FTW!
I live at Habsiguda... So is it good over here?

teja92 said:
I live at Habsiguda... So is it good over here?
Can`t comment on that ; I am put up near hitech city .

Using Beam since jan`11 . Downtimes is around 2-3 hours/month. Customer care is average. But if you know the technician well (get his no.), things can be done real quick. (+chai-pani)

And the speeds are CRAZY. Much much better than airtel.

For 2-3 months, even after crossing FUP, speeds were not throttled.

Last 1 month had been getting 10 mbps. :D

Highly recommend Beam to all Hyderabad citizens. :)

p.s You are directly connected to the internet ; not via WAN etc. In short you get a static ip for 3-4 weeks. Woot !

hawk_128 said:
Can`t comment on that ; I am put up near hitech city .

Using Beam since jan`11 . Downtimes is around 2-3 hours/month. Customer care is average. But if you know the technician well (get his no.), things can be done real quick. (+chai-pani)
And the speeds are CRAZY. Much much better than airtel.
For 2-3 months, even after crossing FUP, speeds were not throttled.
Last 1 month had been getting 10 mbps. :D

Highly recommend Beam to all Hyderabad citizens. :)

p.s You are directly connected to the internet ; not via WAN etc. In short you get a static ip for 3-4 weeks. Woot !
overall point is lucky u who have option to switch. here in my city i am suffering from monopoly

Great even I'm near Hitech so will definetly be switching from Airtel to Beam ..

the usage is never extensive so probably won't cross the FUP :)

but downloading a movie in under 15mins sounds just too tempting ..

w00t for Hyderabad .. rocks.. :D

Firstly after taking the connection, you need to keep the local technician's contact number with you( he might say he has CUG connection) they will have some other alternative. if u befriend him, he'l be helpful and you will experience Airtel wise internet and which i am experiencing now.!! Unfortunately i have to give the technician a 100 once a 6 months, which doesnt even bother me.

Beam Rocks... :bleh:

hawk_128 said:
But 10 mbps / Rs 1000 is really unbelievable ! I cant believe its official now !

Time for new HDDs ! :D
Beam has introduced a great plan... I dont know when i would get a chance to use such high speed connection :(... and the worst part in mumbai is the monopoly thing... one ISP cant give connection in the another ISP area... :(

OT: Can we trade homes on TE... :p

Hades. said:
Beam has introduced a great plan... I dont know when i would get a chance to use such high speed connection :(... and the worst part in mumbai is the monopoly thing... one ISP cant give connection in the another ISP area... :(

OT: Can we trade homes on TE... :p
its not about monpoly its just cartel and second things is if anyone one do inter area business local will cut the wire and so on. my friend in mumbai told me the whole story how all this works and why he cant get the connection he wants because of these goons

one of brother uses beam cable 1mbps its great but he complains that he gets a were low speed for downloads from browser like 15KBps where as from using the torrent protocol he gets somewhere between 120-130KBps

When he told me the same i asked him to try Download Accelerators with the browser he tried Internet Download Manager(IDM),DAP but still the same case doesn't go beyond 15KBps

Anyone had similar Issue

Btw, He uses Mozilla Firefox 4 and IE9

The area where I live in Hyderabad doesn't have Beam connectivity because of these cartels. The local ISP cuts off and short-circuits beams instruments. So they are reluctant to come here.

@sekharsomu : 120-130 kbps or KBps ?

1mbps = 128KBps.

OT -

@surya_neo : I remember you asking for advice to buy a new router ...Bought it ? Using it with beam ? cause,i am planning to get one . :)

Back