Bear Grylls sacked by Discovery Channel

flash23

Adept
TV adventurer Bear Grylls, star of the survival show Man vs. Wild, has been sacked by the Discovery Channel.

The US channel said: "Due to a continuing contractual dispute with Bear Grylls, Discovery has terminated all current productions with him."

Grylls, who has presented the show since 2006, is known for eating insects and drinking animal urine in the wild.

His publicist confirmed the move saying they could not reach a "mutual agreement on new programming".

'Great risks'

Heather Krug told the Hollywood Reporter: "Bear's goal has always been to make life-empowering shows for his many fans around the globe, and he has taken great risks to bring Discovery such award-winning programming over seven seasons.

"Unfortunately, Bear and Discovery have not been able to come to mutual agreement on new programming, and he disagrees with Discovery's decision to terminate current productions.

"Bear has loved the Man vs. Wild journey and looks forward to producing further cutting edge content again soon for his loyal audience."

Man vs. Wild, which is broadcast in the UK as Born Survivor, revolves around Grylls being dropped into remote parts of the world, and showing the audience how to survive using only materials he finds in the wild.

The show, which is now in its sixth series, is broadcast in nearly 200 territories around the world.

It attracted some A-list celebrity fans including actors Jake Gyllenhaal and Will Ferrell who tagged along on some of Grylls' adventures.

In 2008, he apologised for misleading viewers for an episode which saw him supposedly abandoned in the wilderness - a programme consultant later claimed he had stayed in a motel.

"If people felt misled on how the first series was represented, I'm really sorry for that," Grylls told the BBC.

Writing on Twitter, Grylls said: "Super proud of my team and all they've built with Man Vs Wild. Looking forward to the next set of Adventures!! "

Thanking fans, he added: "Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail."

Grylls had also worked on another survival-based series for Discovery called Worst Case Scenarios, which placed him in the imagined aftermath of both natural and man-made disasters.

He continues to be the Scout Association's Chief Scout.

Source: http://www.bbc.co.uk...t-arts-17364327

Loved his shows. though some may criticize him for misleading you cant argue about his great presentation skills. Also one does easily not get bored watching his shows.

These day what rubbish they are showing in the name of travel shows, like late night shows on TLC. I miss the good old globe trekker, now its girls walking around without any cloths
<

I guess they got copycat survivor wannabes willing to work for lower cost and lower production budgets!

Sent from my LG-P500 using Tapatalk

Only Man vs Wild and Survivorman were good survival shows. I liked Man vs Wild since it was more interactive, but the Survivorman was also a good one except for the fact that it was slow paced.

Most of the shows on TLC are messed up people roaming around the Mediterranean, going on a cruise and similar hotels all boring stuff. I really hope they step up.

Loved his shows. though some may criticize him for misleading you cant argue about his great presentation skills. Also one does easily not get bored watching his shows.

Well, this is a bit of a downer.

I'm sure he'll get snapped up by somebody else willing to pay what he's asking for.

Only Man vs Wild and Survivorman were good survival shows. I liked Man vs Wild since it was more interactive, but the Survivorman was also a good one except for the fact that it was slow paced.

What about Ray Mears

Ray Mears' World of Survival (TV series)

Fewer episodes but this guy is more cerebral than bear grylls.

Well, this is a bit of a downer.

I'm sure he'll get snapped up by somebody else willing to pay what he's asking for.

What about Ray Mears

Ray Mears' World of Survival (TV series)

Fewer episodes but this guy is more cerebral than bear grylls.

I have probably seen almost every survival show ever made including all ray mears shows , it is not really a survival show , more like a outdoor camping instructional video or documentary , he sleeps in a tent , even has cooking utensils , oil , spices to cook the food he catches. Survivorman is the best out of these shows , it is the most realistic, no camera crew.

Hate that show Man, woman and wild

The hindi dubbed version on discovery is much better because that british women's hindi dubbed voice is lot less annoying than her original whiny british voice. She ruins this show.

This is also a good survival show , has had three season , Season two was the best http://en.wikipedia....Out_of_the_Wild , It is like a more hardcore/realistic version of the reality tv show "survivor".

^You are right! Seriously man the guy is awesome. IMO some other channel will cast him. It would be just same guy same stuff different channel different name.
<

One more :

422972_344106468958360_130940650274944_843599_754337960_n.jpg

Sorry two

most_interesting_bear_grylls.jpg

Back