PC Peripherals Beginner Racing Wheel Setup

BullettuPaandi

Disciple
As of now I mostly play FH4, but this genre of gaming seems to be the most interesting one for me. So, I'm considering buying a racing wheel setup for my PC.

I don't know anything about this hardware. I mean I've noticed people talk about torque in the wheel, but don't really know what they meant. So, let me know what are things I should consider before buying.

For reference, I found a few products from a brand I recognise, summing up to 25k (pedals sound expensive of the bunch to me). Let me know if it's a good place to start or better alternatives.

Wheel, gear lever, pedals

Thanks!

I found a few products from a brand I recognise...
Wheel, gear lever, pedals
Note that Thrustmaster doesn't have a service centre in India, so your only option is to return to the seller for warranty claims. Not sure if FK is better/worse than Amazon when it comes to returns.

I've noticed people talk about torque in the wheel, but don't really know what they meant.
More torque = more force required to turn the wheel = more feedback from the game.
Extreme example: try turning the steering wheel of a car with engine on, and then with engine off (key still needs to be ON to unlock the steering). Notice how in the latter case you'll need to apply way more force.

But even the weakest wheel probably has more torque than a real life car, so I don't really get the need for high torque Direct Drive Wheels to be "more realistic".

Note that Thrustmaster doesn't have a service centre in India, so your only option is to return to the seller for warranty claims. Not sure if FK is better/worse than Amazon when it comes to returns.
That's a deal breaker then. FK has been worse in my experience.

More torque = more force required to turn the wheel = more feedback from the game.
So it's just how much vibration the motor can translate to the wheel?

Amazon shows G29 is out of stock to me. Will try looking later.

So it's just how much vibration the motor can translate to the wheel?
No. Vibrations don't need a lot of torque. More torque will let the wheel turn faster, provide more resistance and feel smoother when making small adjustments. It will also let you use larger diameter wheels, which will give more precision.

No. Vibrations don't need a lot of torque. More torque will let the wheel turn faster, provide more resistance and feel smoother when making small adjustments. It will also let you use larger diameter wheels, which will give more precision.
I can't quite understand; maybe it's something that I would understand only after using it.

How different is the optical sensor from magnetic one, in terms of gameplay and wear&tear?

I'm being advised to not spend too much on this right away, as most people seem to do so and then end up not using it much. Knowing myself, this is very much likely in my case as well. So I'm looking for cheaper alternatives and happen to stumble upon this used G27. Hence the question.

Bought this used G27; received it today and have it plugged in on my PC, installed the driver from their website (Some other official website of theirs had link for G Hub app. But it didn't recognise the wheel).

But I'm having trouble with setting it up. All inputs are getting registered, except when I'm on the properties window, any button press leads to the wheel moving on its own for a while; pressing the d-pad buttons move the the wheel according to the direction.

In FH4, none of this automatic movement happens on button press, but the steering is way too sensitive - only takes 20 degrees of movement on either side to go from full left to right. The clutch can only be assigned to brake or accelerator pedal, although the clutch input gets registered fine in the properties window.

I've uploaded a screen capture to YT here, you can see how button presses moves the wheel automatically after about 0:20. Any idea what's going on?

Back