Car & Bike Beginner Riding Boots

BullettuPaandi

Disciple
Hey Guys!

I'm looking to buy a pair of boots that offers some basic protection. Will be using mostly while riding my motorcycle, but would prefer something that'd be comfortable for casual usage as well. I'm not used to wearing shoes/boots; not even enclosed slippers; I've been wearing typical open chappals for as long as I could remember. So, looking to spend as little as possible, as I don't know if I'd be comfortable enough to make good use of what I end up buying.

I tried these, but they ship from UP (to TN) without any packaging material and they show up with some damage. Overall quality of the sole & stitching wasn't satisfactory either.

From what I've read so far, I guess this is what I want -
1. Leather - Preferably full grain; suede is ok.
2. Rubber sole - Supposedly more durable than TPE.
3. Ankle high; reinforcements like steel toe & ankle would be nice.

Again, I have no experience on this and I'm open for any suggestion. Budget - <3k would be ideal; willing to stretch to 5k if it offers better value-for-money. Interested in design similar to one linked above and these - [1], [2], [3].

Thanks!

Try Raida or Eego Italy. Both of them are pretty decent and breathable. I wouldn’t recommend leather especially if the shoe does not have a protector where it meets the shifter.

I love boots, and have been using them most of my adult life. I currently use Doc Marten chelsea boots, and good leather shouldn’t be used to shift gears, it will get damaged pretty quickly. Also, biking shoes are better off in humid places with a lot of rain.

Hey Guys!

I'm looking to buy a pair of boots that offers some basic protection. Will be using mostly while riding my motorcycle, but would prefer something that'd be comfortable for casual usage as well. I'm not used to wearing shoes/boots; not even enclosed slippers; I've been wearing typical open chappals for as long as I could remember. So, looking to spend as little as possible, as I don't know if I'd be comfortable enough to make good use of what I end up buying.

I tried these, but they ship from UP (to TN) without any packaging material and they show up with some damage. Overall quality of the sole & stitching wasn't satisfactory either.

From what I've read so far, I guess this is what I want -
1. Leather - Preferably full grain; suede is ok.
2. Rubber sole - Supposedly more durable than TPE.
3. Ankle high; reinforcements like steel toe & ankle would be nice.

Again, I have no experience on this and I'm open for any suggestion. Budget - <3k would be ideal; willing to stretch to 5k if it offers better value-for-money. Interested in design similar to one linked above and these - [1], [2], [3].

Thanks!
The Enfield website has some good VFM boots ,check it out

The Enfield website has some good VFM boots ,check it out
It's actually the first place I checked. I really love their designs; the best in my opinion, but don't think they're good VFM. Most boots seem to be some blend of both leather & canvas and they also seem to cheap out on sole - I might be wrong with the words "cheap out". But from what I've read natural rubber is more durable & offers better grip; but they use TPR, basically plastic that kinda feels like rubber, which is lighter but not as durable. The ones I've tried had TPR sole which didn't feel so good in some smooth surfaces.

I feel like RE's boots are about 1-2k overpriced.

Another option: waterproof high ankle trekking shoes (just an example, I have neither used nor recommending this). I prefer them for normal riding where I can get off the bike and explore comfortably, have good grip even in wet/dirt, and stay dry in the rain (water can get in only from the top, which riding pants will prevent). Good for riding, good for trekking - but they do tend to get warm, you might not like it.

Edit: believe it or not, there's an actual rule that says to ride 2 wheelers you have to wear shoes, not chappals :tearsofjoy:

Last edited:
Found exactly what I'm looking for, but it's out of stock. Ordered these instead for around 3.6k

Edit - Considered these, these and these as well. Didn't quite like the design (or) material.

Another option: waterproof high ankle trekking shoes
Didn't end up going for this, although this makes the most sense, for two reasons - little over my budget & the breathe-ability issue you mentioned. Maybe next time!

Thanks for your input guys!

Last edited:
Back