Budget 41-50k Being offered 2nd hand MSI Stealth

Hi guys,
I am being offered MSI Stealth Thin 8RF laptop
Specs -
• i7 8750h
• GTX 1070 (8gb) MAXq
• 16GB RAM (probably less than 2666 MHZ i.e. supported by this processor)
• 1TB SSD
Set Price - 50,000Rs (may bargain upto 48,000rs)
So is it worth buying now?
My workload -
• 3D Modeling/light and simple animation task (software - blender)
• Video Editing (720p or maybe 1080p)software - premier pro / blender
• Coding (android app devlp/learning engineering)
(No ML or AI)
• FL Studio (music composition/production)
• little bit light gaming

Is it under warranty ? How is the battery life ? This two points are crucial considering the specs and the type of workload . If the two answers are to some extent positive and the physical condition is acceptable , definitely its a bang for the bucks .

50k is not worth it....more like 40k

stealth is not very good in cooling so ur processor and gpu may not provide 100 percent performance during blender workloads

Thanks for the advice guys
As I have to get a laptop that will help me through the 4 years of engineering (Computer Science).
After talking to some people .. they said that the processor is old and currently cheap Ryzen 5 5500u also beats this processor in single core as well as multi core performance.
(I currently have no info on Battery life and warranty)
So Is it worth it .. or should i go with some thin and light laptop with Ryzen 5 5500u m
Priced at about - 45k to 42k

I own a Kaby Lake Stealth pro, they run hot very hot, fans are over worked and i have changed my CPU fan 3 times, Battery was changed into 3rd year. but i always used it on power, so keep that mind you may need fan or battery replacement soon.

but other than that they are solid and runs smooth, never faced any critical issue now into 5th year and it’s still my main machine, maintain adequate cooling get a laptop holder, and clean the insides, this laptop rips.

As for price i had an offer of 35k for mine and yours is a newer generation, so i’d say 42k is fair price.

Last edited:
Bargain for 40kish and deal might settle for 42-43k.
Do negotiate on the above mentioned parameters and headache you will have to bear going further maintaining the laptop.. This way the seller might panic and sell it for 40-41k but again beware of the above factors if you are willing to maintain it properly or not and under what envi. you will be using it. AC room or basic fan etc.

Thanks for the advice guys
As I have to get a laptop that will help me through the 4 years of engineering (Computer Science).
After talking to some people .. they said that the processor is old and currently cheap Ryzen 5 5500u also beats this processor in single core as well as multi core performance.
(I currently have no info on Battery life and warranty)
So Is it worth it .. or should i go with some thin and light laptop with Ryzen 5 5500u m
Priced at about - 45k to 42k
Also take a look at laptops with i3-1220P. Asus has one - https://in.store.asus.com/x1502z.html
During amazon sales, it'd about 45k. Better performance than 5500U in most workloads and definitely faster in day-to-day use.
Or if you can increase your budget just a bit you can get Lenovo IdeaPad 3 gaming with 11th gen i5 and GTX 1650 for 51k (56k - 5k cashback): https://www.lenovo.com/in/en/laptop...deaPad-Gaming-3i-Gen-6-15-Intel/p/WMD00000451

Back