Belkin Share Max N300 F7D7301 Vs Asus WL-520gU EZ

sg3707

Adept
Which of the above routers has good firmware support and is reliable.

Features Required- Torrent, reliable, features....
Belkin - 1.9K
Asus - 1.3K

The Belkin one is around 600rs costly than Asus, does it have any practically useful feature for that price

Is the flashing process easy for both the routers because I would be doing this for the first time.

Thanks in Advance.

The Belkin is better by a mile. Feature wise the Asus 520GU cannot hold a candle to the Belkin Share Max.

The Belkin is supported by DD-WRT and Tomato. You can even run OpenWRT on it, but it needs some patches.

Flashing third-party images is never easy, so read about it carefully and then venture into the same.

The Belkin is better by a mile. Feature wise the Asus 520GU cannot hold a candle to the Belkin Share Max.

The Belkin is supported by DD-WRT and Tomato. You can even run OpenWRT on it, but it needs some patches.

Flashing third-party images is never easy, so read about it carefully and then venture into the same.

Can you please elaborate what are the features missing in Asus 520GU.

Even Asus 520GU supports DD-WRT, Tomato and open WRT....

Why I am supporting Asus is because of the not so good reviews and feedback for Belkin share max in Amazon and Newegg

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16833314058
http://www.amazon.com/Belkin-Share-N300-Wireless-Router/dp/B004B1Z6EE

The Asus 520GU has a 200 Mhz Broadcom CPU, 16 MB RAM, 4 MB flash and a single USB 1.1 port. The USB speeds are pathetic. The cpu is weak, so torrent download speeds and reliability is low. The memory is only 16 MB, so it needs to have swap space if you run anything big on it. It is not Wireless-N router. I have one sitting idle at home, so trust me. Battled with it for 6 months, finally fed up and upgraded to a Buffalo WZR-HP-G300

The Belkin Share Max has a 450 Mhz CPU, 64 MB RAM, 8 MB flash, 2 x USB 2.0 ports and it supports Wireless N 300 Mbps.

Great opinions from all of you....So Belkin N300 ShareMax it is.....

How complex is installing a DD-WRT or Tomato on belkin.....Suppose say compared to installing custom firmware on Android phone...

Can we come back to stock firmware in case of warranty issues...

Also for a guy like me who does not mess with router much which one(Tomato, DD-WRT...Etc..) is super stable, has easy interface and has good torrent support

Back