PC Peripherals Bengaluru inhabitants help required for PC issues

Hi,

After lot of reading and budget crunching I managed to salvage a great rig for my needs as follows:

Phenom 955 BE (C3)
Asus M4A89GTD Pro / USB 3.0
Gskill Ripjaws 1600 GBRL 2x2 gb (insane reviews, great price) - All via NEWEGG
EVGA 9800 GTX+ (free replacement of dead 7600 GT, thanks to evga lifetime warranty)
Corsair vx 450
CM Gladiator 600
Benq G2411 HD
blah blah blah

Basic problem is: I think there's some issue with the RAM. System was behaving damn unstable with lots of random BSOD. I tried testing each stick individually but Comp refused to even give display. Now I've put both of them back but STILL it isn't giving display. I dunno if I've placed the RAM incorrectly (I doubt it - I suppose i know how to place RAM sticks correctly by now - but still, suspect anything) or something went wrong or what, now there just isn't any display. I eliminated graphic card issues removing it etc.. still no display. :mad:

It's my NEW rig and I can't use it!! It's so undescribably frustrating!!! :mad::mad::mad:

So, can anyone who's good with Hardware and is FAMILIAR with asus boards/ ripjaws come and check out my comp and get it up and running again? I tried contacting g skill but beore i could put their reply in action I lost display. I don't think sticks suddenly went bad cuz till I removed them they were at least booting into windows and running for a while before BSOD.

Please reply if someone can come over - anytime after 5 pm on weekdays and anytime on weekends will do. Help a fellow Dude in Distress pl!
I live a 2 kms away from Forum Mall. Reply and i'll PM you my address.

Thanks in advance!

Re: Help me, fellow Bengaluru inhabitants!

Remove Graphics card

Get a RAM from friend & Try..

You can take CPU to computer ware house on MG Road too, have seen engineers there checking it

Or take to Sogo Computers Head office on Richmond Road, 2nd floor is full of service engineers.

^dude, I remember reading that RipJaws have problem with AMD boards. You need to manually set the timings or something. I remember reading a lot of complaints on this back when I was doing research for my upgrade. Try using those RAMs on a Intel board.

if u never had display that would mean probs, but if u had then remove CMOS Battery and start, go to BIOS see if you can change the timings of the RAM bu setting it to manual from automatic.

Let me know, Sorry PAL I am near University more like North -> south for me.

ebro

Praks said:
You can take CPU to computer ware house on MG Road too, have seen engineers there checking it
The engineers are in a seperate offince on the 7th floor, the 2nd floor is just a showroom. And they will only look at it if you bought it from them.

Praks said:
Or take to Sogo Computers Head office on Richmond Road, 2nd floor is full of service engineers.
I'm not familiar with this place.

@OP, try reseating your RAM. Otherwise try to check whether the RAM is working in the first place with a another rig.

If you need i can PM a contact# of a guy who will do a home call.

I'd appreciate it if you could pm me the no. as long as he's reliable and knows his stuff. I don't have means of transport to carry it around. What with the rains i don't want to risk it in an auto.

how does one remove CMOS battery? what would that do? Yes i DID have a display and it always booted into windows fine.. then BSOD.

sultanofswing said:
I'd appreciate it if you could pm me the no. as long as he's reliable and knows his stuff. I don't have means of transport to carry it around. What with the rains i don't want to risk it in an auto.
Well i had a similar problem with no display and no bootup, all he did was push it in with little more force and it worked. he knows his stuff from what i could tell.

I think you should try it a little more before thorwing in the towel tho. Followup some of the tips offered by the others.

Make sure your ram is properly seated. Push it a bit and see if both end latches are fully in place. Then clear cmos. Cmos is cleared by using pins. Check your manual. Then restart and use the info on your ram sticks to properly set them in bios

This asus board has only one latch for the RAM, from what i could see - It has a latch on one side only. Whatever the case, I can hear two distinct [clicks] when i put it in place, so I'm sure (i think) of the positioning when i insert the RAM. This CMOS thing i'll check youtube on how to do and then do it, cuz I left my user manual at home :|

ok - I finally got internet at home, so using it via roomie's lappy. So i youtubed a bit and tried using the MemOK! feature. Ideally, if there's compatibility issues, memok LED lights up. U press and hold the button and LED blinks and tries to post with compatible memory settings. Well, it worked like a charm on the video! For me, all it does is blinks, then keeps blinking, then glows steadily again. Also, there's one more LED which glows steadily red above the core-unlocker/turbo OC button. so i'm assuming there's a prob other than memory. I'll google a bit more, but anyone knows what that means?

EDIT: solved the other LED problem. but i tried mem OK for each stick individually and STILL the LED refuses to stop glowing! as in it flashes and then after trying in vain to post, it continues glowing steadily. AAAAAAARGH! this is frustrating!

EDIT II - Also reset cmos according to http://vip.asus.com/forum/view.aspx...3&id=20100522070402078&page=1&SLanguage=en-us

still same issue persists! red mem(not)OK LED glares at me! soon i'll be tearing my hair out.

One request - is anyone willing to help me out by testing it with alternate ddr3 ram? cuz. at the offchance that BOTH sticks are faulty, i need to make sure that mobo hasn't gone bonkers. But I can't understand HOW ram cannot work, cuz it was booting into windows fine. plus it's NEW!!!

as my dear friend scooby-doo would say RELP!!!

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

again - bump..

Back