BenQ 37" Full HD for 35.9k

hi guys,
i have seen Ad in Pune Mirror about BenQ 37" Full HD.... yes Full HD LCD for 36k... what you think? can we trust on BenQ ?
i want Full HD panel mostly 42+ but i am waiting for prices to come down further... may be less than 45k. how is this deal ?

the BENQ uses a AMVA panel from AU optronics which is a sister company.so the contrast levels should be the same as a sony or samsung 37" lcd(some samsung uses a CMO panel which has inferior contrast and viewing angle).
but thats where the similarities end,although the sony may use s AU panel it uses its own proprietary internal and external color filter,backlight and outer lcd glass/plastic layer.same goes to sony using a SPVA panel in the joint S lcd venture from samsung/sony.
then comes the image processing where again companies work so hard to maintain the edge for eg in 2005 although sony had launched bravia lcds it had a WEGA engine found in its CRT but slightly tweaked,at that time the leader in sales and performace was SHARP.only after 2006 when sony introduced lcds with Bravia Engine it become the leader in sales and performance despite priced higher and using the same panel from samsung .overtime samsung have also worked hard to improve their image processing,todays its one of the best.

great info.... but buying 37" panel and that too from BenQ... i want suggestions... like anyone with exp of customer service even if its for 20 or 22".
adder said:
the BENQ uses a AMVA panel from AU optronics which is a sister company.so the contrast levels should be the same as a sony or samsung 37" lcd(some samsung uses a CMO panel which has inferior contrast and viewing angle).
but thats where the similarities end,although the sony may use s AU panel it uses its own proprietary internal and external color filter,backlight and outer lcd glass/plastic layer.same goes to sony using a SPVA panel in the joint S lcd venture from samsung/sony.
then comes the image processing where again companies work so hard to maintain the edge for eg in 2005 although sony had launched bravia lcds it had a WEGA engine found in its CRT but slightly tweaked,at that time the leader in sales and performace was SHARP.only after 2006 when sony introduced lcds with Bravia Engine it become the leader in sales and performance despite priced higher and using the same panel from samsung .overtime samsung have also worked hard to improve their image processing,todays its one of the best.

I am guessing it was VSP add?

They have this unit currently under offer. Saw it couple of days back and it was bad when it comes to SD picture quality.

The demo DVD video and output of laptop looked more than decent, but Tata sky shows abnormally high blocking effect ( its there in almost all FHD tvs but it was really bad on this one ).

Go and check it out personally. It might be ok and tolerable from some distance.

Back