Monitors Benq LCD doubt

trojanman

Disciple
Hi folks,

I have the Benq G2220HD. The weird problem of mine is; whenever I turn on the PC, the LCD remains switched off.
It has to be turned on manually each time the PC is started. This is quite frustrating for me and the Power button is already pretty loose :|

Is there a way to make it like the conventional CRTs?

Thanks

well,i'm not sure whether it's a problem or not coz my Benq E2200HD acts the same..

any Benq LCD owner here can confirm this.. :)

same with my G2220HD
and yes, the power button is pretty loose...almost always I have to press it 2-3 times to switch on the monitor.

Does this have to be done each time you switch off the mains supply to the LCD or even after switching off the PC (leaving mains switched on) ?

trojanman said:
Hi folks,

I have the Benq G2220HD. The weird problem of mine is; whenever I turn on the PC, the LCD remains switched off.

It has to be turned on manually each time the PC is started. This is quite frustrating for me and the Power button is already pretty loose :|

Is there a way to make it like the conventional CRTs?

Thanks

LOL this seems to be a weird issue since it requires the user to switch on the display each time he switches on the PC. :p

Not a problem with Dell displays btw.

the fact that many of us are facing this really doesn't help :p

i thought there might be a setting with the control buttons (under the bezel) that i might have missed.

@aditya

It happens only when the mains are switched off. If i am just restarting my pc, without switching off the mains that is, lcd remains on.

so,seems like Benq was able to make the cheapest 22" HD LCD & forgot to add this small feature.

it's really annoying.. :mad:

may be this could be the reason for it's low price :p

Same with my friend's Benq 20".

But please do look at the good part too.

We even save the watt or 2 it may consume in standby and we may burn a calorie or 2 every time we use the computer. :p

NAV33N said:
it's more of a Con than a Feature.. :p

why ? in that way cpu should also power on by itself when mains is switched on :rofl:.

its neither feature nor bug . but why will lcd remain in standby mode when power is switched on and its not turned on manually ? in that case u will have to switch it off if pc is not started ..

ya but there should have been a feature that lcd remembers its previous power state .

RoBoGhOsT said:
why ? in that way cpu should also power on by itself when mains is switched on :rofl:.

its neither feature nor bug . but why will lcd remain in standby mode when power is switched on and its not turned on manually ? in that case u will have to switch it off if pc is not started ..

ya but there should have been a feature that lcd remembers its previous power state .

BTW what i meant was the same i.e it should remember it's previous state.. :)

you got me wrong on that.. :p

well,i don't know about others but when i turn off my PC i switch off the mains & when i switch on the mains then i turn on the PC.. :p

so,in my case i do have to switch it on every time i power on my PC..

BenQ E 2200 Here, same thing, though it doesn't really matter to me cause i've only pressed it 3 times max (I haven't shut my pc down since January.... the only exception being when i had to change some components)

Back