Video Best 32" LCD or LED

tufel

Adept
I'm looking for a 32" lcd or led tv(full hd) for my room.Suggest the most vfm product with the best picture and sound quality and prefarably a brand with good warranty and after sales service.Will mostly be used for gaming on my xbox 360 and also HD movies.
Important: Should have a usb port capable of playing multiple formats (preferably, mkv).:huh:
Budget:25-28k

i am being offered a samsung c530 for 28k at a friend's store.is it any good? any other options.LG Jazz and the Panasonic Viera series also seem nice.pretty confused.

Search for the same model here in TE..some body posted a review about it..has everything you wanted for....the deal at ur friend's store seems like a steal...

P.S:So u r from Hyd.. let me know if your friend can offer the same deal to me as well..

what are the other options i have? i am ready to part with full hd if it isn't possible in my budget.but plz suggest the best possible 32 incher for about 25-28k.

tufel said:
i am being offered a samsung c530 for 28k at a friend's store.is it any good? any other options.LG Jazz and the Panasonic Viera series also seem nice.pretty confused.
quixand said:
What?! Series 5 under 30K already?
Samsung C series are 2010 models and 28k for last years model is a bit overpriced IMO. Considering that most shops are trying to get rid of the old stocks, C Series are selling for cheap.

Just to give you a price point reference, Samsung Plaza in Banjara Hills quoted me 30.5k for Samsung LA32D550 which is a 5 series model of this year (2011). They also quoted me 51k for a factory sealed LA40C650 which is a higher end 6 series 40" LCD from last year. The corresponding model from this year would be at least 12~15k higher than that. For 5 series 32" the difference should translate to 4k at least. So 25~26k seems about right for a last years 32". Any higher and you are better of getting this years D series models.

^^so what should i go in for? u're post isn't very clear to me.plz post some model names from various brands within my budget,as per my requirements.

tufel said:
^^so what should i go in for? u're post isn't very clear to me.plz post some model names from various brands within my budget,as per my requirements.
If you can, you should extend your budget to 30k, then go for the Samsung LA32D550. It is Full HD and this years model to boot. Samsung supposedly has the best media format support via USB ( I haven't had occation to test it on my 32D5000 yet). I have read one review where they commented that it even puts the WD HD Media player to shame.

There is no point in going for 720p displays or last years models just to save a couple of thousands. That would make sense if the difference is like 5~6k. IMO Samsung LA32D550 fits your requirements very well and just a wee bit above your intended max budget.

I am sorry, I cannot help you with the lower end 720p displays as I have not researched them at all. All the other 32" Samsung/LG/Sony models that I have checked out are 10~17k above your 28k budget. Just for info I have myself got the Samsung LA32D5000 (LED edge lit) which cost me 38.5k.

thanks for the inputs.but i cannot go anything above 28k.awaiting responses from other experts.as i said i am ready to part with the full hd part as long as it plays all the media formats(esp. MKV.).I do realise that i haven't got the right kind of budget but i still expect help.

I saw a 40" VU LCD at Croma priced at 32K, Just check it..

Else go for the 32D550. Its a great LCD at that range

^^dude,i am not looking for anything larger than a 32" as i dont have the space for it.i do realise that 32d550 is an excellent buy but i am already on an overstretched budget.

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

finalised 2 models:
1. lg 32lk332
2. lg 32lk430 (will it be available in my budget?)

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

being offered a samsung 32d450 for 24k.do i go ahead?how does it compare to the lg 32lk332(round about the same price).quick answers,please as i am surely going ahead today.

Will be getting a screen for home from gulf. Full HD preferred. Is it true that the viewing distance not a barrier with LED screens ? would like to go for a 32" one. Should i go for LCD or LED's ? budget upto 35k.
I had heard with LED's they are not total VFM since the led's are only planted at the screen edge and not all over. is it true ?

Back