Best 42" LCD/Plasma TV

sri_rng

Adept
I am looking for a 42" TV which is best VFM.

I am ok with either Plasma/LCD/LED within 50-55k. I am inclined towards IPS panels and hence only LG and Panasonic in my list right now, I am willing to be convinced otherwise :)

I really liked the Panasonic S series when I looked at it in the showroom. The blacks looked really good - but the specs somehow don't live up.

1. Why are all Panasonic LCD TVs 20,000:1 where as other brands are already in 6 digits now?

2. If I am going for Plasma - are the problems like image burn in and low longevity still a problem with modern plasmas?

3. I am planning to buy online. Lets buy has some good deals but it mentions 12 months warranty on Panasonic products, whereas in the stores, all panasonic products have 3 years warranty.

4. Some Panasonic LCD Tvs do not play from USB - but it isn't that big a problem for me. I can always play from my laptop thru HDMI.

4. Coming to LG. Their older LCDs are better specced than the new ones! There isn't a single LCD TV with 100 Hz display. Is 100 Hz technology worth it? Can it be turned off if it turns out to be annoying (in other brands)?

I am looking at 42LK430 and 42LK450 in LG.

5. Somehow, I don't feel paying extra money for LED TVs is worth it - please let me know if I am wrong.

6. HD Ready plasmas have a resolution of 1024x768 - I don't get it! Isn't this a 4:3 aspect ratio?

Thanks in advance for your responses :)

Brother, in televisions, its the experience that matters more than the actual specs. My advice - Carry a usb drive with the content you are going to watch and audition it on all the brands and make. And choose what suits your eyes the best. You have a good budget for any brand. Happy viewing bro. :)

Back