PC Peripherals Best 5.1 speakers under 5K?

Knight Rider, I am also looking for a cheap 5.1 system for my dvd player. How much did u pay for the philips 5106k. What about its sound quality? Is it better that the 251 (woofer, sattelites and centre)? What is its rms output?

Asky said:
andysmith philips 5106 is a DVD Player not a 5.1 system.[If you thought thts wht it is]:)
:blushing: Silly me. Anyway I love my dvd player 'LG DS9533'. Plays all the divx and xvid movies I have thrown at it so far with very good picture quality and it has an inbuilt dolby digital and dts decoder.

rahul_techee said:
from where u r getting this????
r u sure it is below 6k!!!!
c u on monday
bye

The Altec Lansing 251 has 60 W RMS( 25 W Subwoofer and 7 W per channel), not 90. Im gettin it in Bangalore, from SP road.

loggy x530 r 5250 in pune....but the 251's r much better than the loggys...the 530's have really puny satellites with a equally puny sound

apollyon said:
loggy x530 r 5250 in pune....but the 251's r much better than the loggys...the 530's have really puny satellites with a equally puny sound
are you sure man?
even i am looking for a new 5.1.
how good is the Altec Lansing VS5131??better than 251?

Appo u sure abt that? Is it with tax tho? The best price i got here was 5.8 k with tax. Nah the x-530's have 70 W RMS. the 251's are just 60. Btw how much are the 251's?

am sure, had bought both spks on the same day....forget rms wattage, the altec lansing sound MUCH better than the logitech....prices were all inclusive 5.3k.....same for both...u can ask chaos,he was using these spks

Ok im a little confused now :S , i was going to get the x-530's but after hearing what u guys said i thought id go for the 251's. But when i went to get them i found that they arent available, theyve stopped production. The 251i is available, how are they? RMS power is just 45 W tho. the price i got for these is 4.2k. Are these worth it? (251i not 251) If not which ones should i go for, the Inspire 5.1 is 3.9k, or should i go for the VS3151? And how does the x-530 compare to these two? :huh:

I am having second thoughts about buying the Altec Lansing 251. I think I need a 5.1 for my dvd player more than for my desktop. Is there any major difference in surround sound experience between a 5.1 and a 4.1 as far as games are concern.

hunt3r said:
Ok im a little confused now :S , i was going to get the x-530's but after hearing what u guys said i thought id go for the 251's. But when i went to get them i found that they arent available, theyve stopped production. The 251i is available, how are they? RMS power is just 45 W tho. the price i got for these is 4.2k. Are these worth it? (251i not 251) If not which ones should i go for, the Inspire 5.1 is 3.9k, or should i go for the VS3151? And how does the x-530 compare to these two? :huh:

Bump, cmon guys. I want to buy speakers tomorrow.

Back