Best 65 inch TV under Rs. 75000

indy1811

Skilled
Guys,

My cousin wants to buy a 65 inch TV for under Rs. 75000. Main requirements are watching movies and TV shows using apps like Hotstar, Netflix, Prime Video etc. Wanted to know which TV has the best panel at this price range. A few of the options suggested were:

1. Moto 65 inch TV
2. MI 4x 65 inch TV
3. VU Premium Android TV

I don't think any of the major TV brands have any models at this price range. He is open to buying an Amazon Fire stick separately in case the TV lacks any smart features. Just wants the best panel available. I've suggested the Moto based on the overall package but haven't been able to demo it anywhere. Thoughts?

TCL not in the list? Had demoed tcl and mi during Diwali. Tcl was definitely better and it comes with 3 years warranty as well.

Main requirements are watching movies and TV shows using apps like Hotstar, Netflix, Prime Video etc.
Either LG or Panasonic

I don't think any of the major TV brands have any models at this price range.

Thoughts?
And that should tell you something.

He is better off holding on to his money, saving up and getting one from either of the above two brands mentioned.

How long is he going to keep this thing, 10 years at least isn't it.

So I see no point in paying for 65 incher from a some second tier brand just because it fits some arbitrary budget

Either LG or Panasonic

And that should tell you something.

He is better off holding on to his money, saving up and getting one from either of the above two brands mentioned.

How long is he going to keep this thing, 10 years at least isn't it.

So I see no point in paying for 65 incher from a some second tier brand just because it fits some arbitrary budget

Well, both the LG and Panasonic cost at least 30-40% more and it's not like the models you get at that price are great.

He is moving in to a new house and needs a TV ASAP so no more waiting around. Will be buying it this week.

10 years? No way! His expectation is 3 years. TVs are getting cheaper by the day. In 3 years time the same TV may cost less than 50% of what it costs now.

Arbitrary budget?
Post automatically merged:

TCL not in the list? Had demoed tcl and mi during Diwali. Tcl was definitely better and it comes with 3 years warranty as well.

TCL C6? Yes, he is adding it to the shortlist.

Well, both the LG and Panasonic cost at least 30-40% more and it's not like the models you get at that price are great.
What about LG OLED's ? that's what i mean by saving up

Could he be convinced to get a 55 incher instead of a 65 which is much higher ?

Number of satisfied owners on the board here. Doubt they'd be replacing in 3 years.

He is moving in to a new house and needs a TV ASAP so no more waiting around. Will be buying it this week.

10 years? No way! His expectation is 3 years.
Get something smaller and pay less then

This ASAP business is a recipe for trouble. Get something in a rush and then regret later.

TVs are getting cheaper by the day. In 3 years time the same TV may cost less than 50% of what it costs now.
How do you say that ?

I can see bigger screens getitng cheaper but not necessarily the quality of those screens.

Arbitrary budget?
People saying they have so much and wanting something.

Compromising quality & requirements due to budget or time constraints.

If any of those constraints come up in my case i just put the whole decision off

Last edited:
What about LG OLED's ? that's what i mean by saving up

That's triple his budget almost.

Could he be convinced to get a 55 incher instead of a 65 which is much higher ?

Number of satisfied owners on the board here. Doubt they'd be replacing in 3 years.

The distance is 12-15 feet. 55 would look tiny.

Get something smaller and pay less then

This ASAP business is a recipe for trouble. Get something in a rush and then regret later.

Can't help it. Need it within this week.

How do you say that ?

I can see bigger screens getitng cheaper but not necessarily the quality of those screens.

Compare prices to what they were 3 years earlier. It's gone down by half. Even the bigger brands.

People saying they have so much and wanting something.

Compromising quality & requirements due to budget or time constraints.

If any of those constraints come up in my case i just put the whole decision off

Both TCL and VU 65 inch LED TVs are available for 45-53k in sales. There is also a TCL QLED 65 incher for 1L available on Amazon as well.
I use a 51 inch TV at 12ft and it doesn't look that tiny. Sure it's not as immersive at it was at 8ft but it certainly isn't tiny at 12ft.
He can get a 55 incher for just 29k on Flipkart and maybe buy a better TV later when he is not in a hurry. It's not that VU or TCL are bad or anything, especially if it is going to be used mainly for watching TV but one can clearly see the differences once they get used to better picture quality.

Back