Best A.C. Unit

Samm003

Disciple
Hi all,

i know this is basically a tech forum still would like to ask about an A.C. unit.

I need a 1.5 ton window ac.

My budget is around 17-20k.

which would be the best ac (brand and model) near this price bracket?:huh:

The ac's from voltas should be a good one. Reliable compressor, good conditioning, average BEE rating. Service is also good, being an Indian product.
Go for those products which have a reliable compressor if you plan for 3-4 years investment.

check this link for more products to chose which one would be good. TATA VOLTAS

A important criteria is aftersales service for your brand and the spares availability. Beyond tat most people have good as well as bad experiences with any brand, the service quality makes the difference.

There is from Fedders Llyod 3 years before when was intended to buy one had good review from local AC repair & assembler, as per him at that time only Carrier (2 ton & above) using best quality internal parts followed by Fedders Lloyd. All other brands including Voltas, LG, Ondia, Videocone, Samsung were all equal quality at that time ... don't have any updated information now.

My friend have 2 window AC (.75 & 1.5 ton) by Videocon, bought because of budget limitations, he also have 2 Units of Videocon 1 ton Split AC but not satisfied as those Split ACs not works efficiently in Peak Heat months (@ Mumbai). Prior to that he has Voltas 1.5 ton Window (bought near by in 2001) & he still miss it & appreciate it's performance & capacity for quick cool.

HTH :)

i have one voltas window AC, now after owning it for 3 years i have made it the purpose of my life to stop anyone from purchasing anything from voltas. the level of service they provide is unimaginably low, you can not believe the trouble these guys gave me. i even wrote bunch of emails to voltas and let alone resolving the issue they didnt even answer back. after putting up with the crap that was dished out to me from service center guys, i told them ill file a complaint against them in voltas, and guess what he told me? "go right ahead."

Blue star all the way. my house has four 1.5 tonners and two 2 tonners. no problems after 7 yrs still. same case with office acs too.

went around and did a bit search at COOLEX exhibition in chandigarh.

budget is now increased a bit, still would prefer it to be low.

These are the choices i got now:

Samsung 3 star - AS183ZC - 23990

Carrier 3 star - ESTRELLA -26950

Hitachi 3 star - 27990

O general 3 Star - 27490

Blue Star 3 Star - 23500

Haier 3 Star - 19990

Voltas 3 Star - 20500

[All are 1.5 Ton windows ACs]

are these prices reasonable? (they include installation and stabliser etc.)

Can voltas be considered?

Which is better between Carrier and O General?

which would be the best choice?

plz answer asap as i gotta make a choice till tomorrow.

Best of the lot O'General and carrier i will not recommend Samsung, Tata and others, As for the price you had posted are the MRP you can get some discount on them

Ogeneral is the best... U can use it for more 3 yrs and still get really good coolin from that provided it is serviced proper and on time...

Smart choice :clap:

P.S.: Voltas is really bad. Zero cooling.

Back