PC Peripherals BEST affordable DVD writer in INDIA available...!!!

sunandoghosh

Disciple
BEST affordable DVD writer in INDIA available...!!!

Hi everyone,

I am currently having SAMSUNG combo drive (dont know what combo means) which is i believe

cd rom + cd writer + dvd reader (NOT dvd writer)

SO I am planning to purchase DVD writer....???

Q. Which is the best DVD writer cum reader available in India for home desktop users...???

Q. Is it worth it or should i stick with my CD writer only...???

Q. plz suggest considering one which is compatible with all DVDs...and future technologies...???

Again Cost is not really an issue (unless it is exorbitant) but i should get value for money....

Remember plz....Ur recommendation is my verdict....

Thanks

sunando

i guess benq dw 1620 is the best buy here in india. dunno the exact price but its less then 4000rs.

or u can wait for the new benq dw 1640. dunno the price of that.

gigabyte DVD rw 16x is for 4200 -- 10 times better Technology than Benq surely --
google & u will find nice reviews

& yes - wanted to ask how is Pioneer Writer. dont see anyone talkin abt it thesedays. though they used to best sometime-- any users using it these days ?
checked its price -- 8x RW's Cost 3800 - less than samsung's.. worth that ?

Pioneers are excellent!!!!

they have the best writing quality in all of these.....

SunMysore posted 0.97 minutes later:

ohyeah...i have a Pioneer DVR-107D with hacked firmware. Burns 4X DVD-R at 8X :D

mehargags said:
gigabyte DVD rw 16x is for 4200 -- 10 times better Technology than Benq surely --

the last time i checked, gigabyte drives (DVD-RW) were LiteON OEMs. LiteONs are not the best of the best anymore. :)

mehargags said:

?

Must you post just for teh sake of posting? If you read the reviews, you'd find that Gigabyte DVD writers are rebadged Lite-On drives, and that Benq writers are generally delivering much better write quality @ speeds >8X than L-O drives. Please.. don't spam this bad...

I suggest you go in for the Pioneer DVR 109 or, if that isn't available, the Pioneer DVR 108 . Shouldnt cost you more than 4.5k
I have a DVR 108 n can definitely recommend it from personal experience :hap2:

Yeah thats the order it shud be benq 1640>benq 1620 pro > lg 4163b > pioneer 109d. The NEC 3520A would have been in that list as well had it been available here but sadly it aint. All of them are excellent writers as a matter of fact. Pioneer has issues with cd writing. Its really slow at that. STAY AWAY FROM LITE-ON/SONY(thats in large friendly letters :)) cos they are crap.

ok, i checked out the prices here in Ritchie street in Chennai, and Benq 1620 and LG 4163b are both equally priced (on bargaining) at Rs.3450.....

They dont have lite-on or sony.....benq 1640 and Lg 4167 are also not available....
I might go for the lg 4163b.........

Back