Best Bit Torrent client at the moment?

I wanted to know which is the best client for Bit Torrent download...
I have been using utorrent for quite some time....Its pretty good except for one problem....Whenever I download using torrents from registered sites my upload/downloads don't get registered( even afetr DHT and peer exchange is disabled)...If they do, its not always the correct value...Had read somewhere that this could be a problem with the client....

If I may join, here is the short review:

Azureus: Very good, java based, idle for seeders, because it's leecher mode.

(every segment to another peer)

BitLord, BitTornado: Good, but my friends that use it say, that it's sometimes slower than any other client.

BitComet: Very good, idle for peers that download lot of stuff. Very user-friendly based. Disadvantages: Doesn't have Sheduler (at least I don't know) and doesn't have any leecher mode.

Me personally use BitComet. And there are new releases of BitComet almost every month. Those guys get bugs fixed faster than anyone else.

Consider what you need.

Other clients are, sorry for creators, incapable when comparing to BitComet, BitTornado, Azureus and BitLord.

y do u need any other torrent application when u have utorrent? utorrent already has as scheduler with an option to stop downloads. Im using utorrent 1.6 beta right now and its more faster than previous utorrent versions. memory used is only 2736 Kb !!

@arka ..who reccomeneded bitcomet to u :p
:eek:hyeah::eek:hyeah::eek:hyeah::eek:hyeah:
clipboard027az.jpg

uTorrent.

Azareus is nice, except for the bloated Java base.

BitComet has best speeds, but in the end when I add up the total downloaded and total remaining figures, it's wasted as much as 70-100mb, giving only an illusion of better speeds over other clients.

I'm also a utorrent fanatic. It's a small package with lots of stuff into it. I've been using it for about a month now & still has something or the other to learn from it each day :)

IceFusion said:
U torrent is the best, and i dont have any problem as for registering of data transfer on trackers, except on demonoid...
Ya thats the problem I am facing.....My data transfer is getting misrepresented on demonoid....Apart from that I have no greivance.....utorrent gives me the best speeds.....And i like the way it shows the parts of the file that has been downloaded....

scarezebra said:
Ya thats the problem I am facing.....My data transfer is getting misrepresented on demonoid....Apart from that I have no greivance.....utorrent gives me the best speeds.....And i like the way it shows the parts of the file that has been downloaded....

scarezebra, firstly see that DHT, peer exchange both are disabled from Options > Bittorrent . I'm using the 1.6 release hence using tht as the base.

Secondly, demonoid isn't like other trackers & updates only once in a day hence it reports something which doesn't gel with what u'r client says. The best way is to see what u'r ratio was 24 hrs. ago & then see again although I like idesir for it gives complete info. every 30 minutes with a file listing of what I've but with the recent MPAA stuff with piratebay & others most of the trackers don't wanna have such info. on their servers hence you might be feeling the same.

There is also the possibility of this happening genuinely also but in tht case u'll have to talk with the mod. there or in the forum > tracker help :) Hope this helps.

Back