Car & Bike Best car To Handle Road bumps and PotHols between range 3L to 4L

nmksingh

Disciple
Hi All,
I am working in Hyderabad,
I am looking for a car, my budget is around Rs. 3 L to 4 L ( By Loan),
My daily usage is 40 km ( home to Office ) ,

I am looking for a car which gives me good comfortable and good suspension even in dirty roads,

1) Sitting position
2) Smooth going in dirty roads ( road bumps and holes) ,
Most of the roads in Hyderabad are washed out during rainy season.

i have two choices in mind 1) Maruti WagoneR 2) Tata Nano

so please suggest ,
your advise is valuable to me,

tata nano , wow wat a choice to handle all the potholes , tata nano will handle all the potholes then who will handle tata nano later :p

get either wagon R or hynndai santro

My first preference is the Chevy Spark.. i am using it.. front 2 gas filled shock absorbers.. nice working stabilizer bar.. enhances the quality of it's suspension . works real great on indian roads.

Now if you r a tallboy fan.. then WagonR is your way to go.. and believe me it's suspension is much much better than the i10..
Have test ridden all of these.. so this info is by my personal experience.

So my choice of order
1) Spark
2)Wagon R
3) hyundai i10

and you r talking about the nano..??

the worst car ever..
smallest tyres, smallest steering wheel:p, real noisy engine, no power , a complete three wheeler.. which starts at 1.5lacs on road .. and ends at 2.05 lacs..

the price of chevy spark LT (top model) - 3.65 lacs( approx)
WagonR - 4.1 lacs( top model Vxi)
i10 is the costliest in this lot (Magna model would be around 4 lacs which was the earlier model... newgen would be 30k more!!!)

if you are open to used cars then there are lot of options than wagon r and nano as these cars wont do any good.

btw you do have to slow down on rough dirty roads no matter which car xcept some real tuff suvs.

Your requirements are the USP's of a SUV :lol:

The Nano is an absolute NoNo, what with its flimsy wheels. But small cars do tend to throw you around with too many potholes. Best bet seems to be the i10.

Or get the car you like and shod them with tires of higher profile.

Go for Wagon R Vxi comes with 14" tires which you can later upgrade to a Michelin Energy XM1 Plus. Also I find suspension of Wagon R better to Santro/i10 and so is the seating posture and comfort. Another + point of WagonR vxi is that it comes with all power windows, Tilt Steering, Audio and Central lock. Should cost you ~4.10L including discounts.

Thanks For Your Valuable suggestions ,

My personal Observation on Suspension of Wagon R is better than i10 ,

Spark is also good but I feel comfort in tall cars,

May be i can opt for Wagon R Lxi or Vxi.

^ryt vista glides over bad roads:hap2:...there is no competition in this department..All marutis and hyundais are bad over bad roads

Back