Best classes for CAT examination...

hello
i`m planning to give CAT next year... so i have to start preparing from this year onward.. (As i dont wanna do a crash course)..
which classes according to you guys are the best here in mumbai.... and why?
i would love to have some inputs..
thanks!

I aint from mumbai so i cant comment..

classes play only a small role. what matters is how much u give.. in terms of determination, dedication, hardwork et al. :)

All the very best! :hap2:

The benifit of classes is notes. If you do have the time and can obtain notes from elsewhere and study yourself, it is the best.

But, otherwise, generally ppl tend to prefer IMS over anyother coaching institute for CAT prep.

Dont know much as i am not preparing for CAT nor do i plan to in the next 2 yrs or so. But, most of my friends appearing are taking coaching from IMS.

Cant say for the institutes (i stay in Hyderabad) but for admission into any reputed institute for an MBA it would be better if u have any work experience(1-2 Years) after Degree, b4 joining an institution for MBA!!!

chic_magnet said:
job experience ai`nt necessary for doing an mba here in india. though it is imp (2-3 years of exp) for studying abroad(uk & US)..

I think otherwise.
That was my bit of suggestion and thats what ive been hearing from many ppl over my college.It surely would add to ur resume.

well ya job experience does add to your resume... but i don`t think i would be able to study again if i take a break after my ty.. :bleh:
hmmm ok i got some classes names...
kheshal classes... at vile-parle....
then there is career launcher...
then IMS..
also some chitale..(i dont remember the correct name now)..
so anyone heard of any of these classes??
i thnk this year`s topper was from kheshal classes though not sure..

The final decision is in ur hands m8.:)
In Hyderabad there is Time Institute which is quite good (provided u put in the hard work)......It basically depends upon ur hard work and logical thinking for the exam.
All The Best for whatever you choose ;)
Regards,
Rahul.

Mate get ready for some intense competition, CAT is very competitve being just good wont help, you require 99 percentile just to get a call from the IIM's.

Aces170 said:
Mate get ready for some intense competition, CAT is very competitve being just good wont help, you require 99 percentile just to get a call from the IIM's.

Sometimes, even that isn't enough.. ask me..
:no:

hmm i was thinking of that too myself... but well... i think i`ll join classes...
any ideas on where i could get counselling for cat? i mean whn i should give it and all such info on mBA?

hmm i was thinking of that too myself... but well... i think i`ll join classes...
I thot so too.... and in my 1 year of attending classes I haven't done more than 20 pages of work outside the class!!! And the idiots at the class... well half of the nutcases are frm commerce and don't know how to multiply two numbers, and the faculty is brain dead and won't let us use any method other than the one they teach.

chic_magnet said:
any ideas on where i could get counselling for cat? i mean whn i should give it and all such info on mBA?

ive given CAT last 3 years just for the heck of it ;) , got calls from MICA and some others. in mumbai , TIME classes is supposed to be the best , ims and CL are also good , avoid any other . you can get a lot of info on www.pagalguy.com/forum abt CAT and other things related to mba in india . CAT happens once every yr around november .anything else u want to know , pm me and ill let you know :) .

personally i would also suggest TIME. if not joinin their classes then at least join their their mock test series.

forget the coaching classes. Get some good course.. get good books tyra for maths and get on with it.
In august end join a test series. thats what really matters in the end. Speed is must.

Most of the Delhi Guys rate Career Launcher hugher than Time and IMS, but scenario differs from city to city, so better gather information from local sources.Career Launcher has a very good test series, 'cause its given by large of students all over india, so you know where u stand beforehand.
And about weather you should join classes or not, i think you should, as they help you in remaining motivated and regular in your CAT study. Its easy to lose focus when you're doing a corrospondense course, especially when you're doing CAT study, along with collage or some other work. Some students may not suffer from this problem, but many do.

my suggestion would be to see which institute has the least number of students in the group. join that. also do a check on the classes i.e. visit the institute and see how is the class, you do not want to sweat while learning, see the course structure as you will be joining soon see how they are going for the course and by what time will it complete. number of tests, local as well as all india. as such see how many number of hours they are teaching in a week and decide accordingly so that you have time to practice as well. also after the test whether they are providing any free gd and interview sessions trust me it really helps.

for starters you can start reading some books, multiplications, if possible get hold of the old study material and do a rev. select the colleges/institutes where you want to apply and there admission dates with the application fees so that you dont give your dad a scare when you ask for money.

man i was looking for a forum for CAT.. thanks puns...
hmmm there is this guy who teaches CAT. he`s actually very good and people from most good colleges go to him....
anyways i`m thinking of taking up a diploma coure after my TY in HR from Wellingkars... you guys kow about any other college offering such types of courses?
so most prolly i`ll give CAt in 2007 .. hmmm .. damn i`m still not sure :(

Back