Best console to have right now in India???

paroxy

Disciple
I was planning of getting an X360 premium from the US.....then i realized there could be issues with Region locked games and all.....is it better option to get a X360 premium from the US.....and where can i buy NTSC U/C games in india??? play asia ??? do NTSC J games work on US X360s???

or just buy a X360 in india....but im worried about the stock of X360 we have in india...too many rumors flying around about india being a dump site for the old stock ....

There was this other theard about NTSC PS3 80GB version available for 22K in bangalore....i found that every interesting.....im from hyderabad but buying it from bangalore is no big issue....and whats the availability of NTSC games?????

has anyone tried PS3 online in india???? is it as gud as xbox live in india..or way behind????

guys i need some really quick adivse on which console to buy and where ????

cause if i were to get one from the US...i need to let my friend know very soon ...cause hes abt to leave for india in 10 days....

all the advice i can get is welcomed......

This threads a flamebait. Basically, you'll have fans of each console trying their best to convince you to get their consoles.

As for your direct q's :
do NTSC J games work on US X360s???

No.
and whats the availability of NTSC games?????

I really don't know, or don't care, heck I've got about 8 PS3 games now and don't even know the region of any single one of them, since PS3 is region free when it comes to bluray gaming, why bother pondering this?
If you want games you'll get em. The library ain't so great in official stores here, but if you have access to online shopping or grey market, your problem is solved.
Now make up your own mind, if you want you can go through some threads here already that discuss PS3 vs X360.
But if you ask me, go buy the PS3 :p
I'll support it for the following :
1.Better quality build - it won't break down, ever. X360 has 30% chances of going kaput.
2.Bluray player.
3.Linux machine
4.Free online.
5.It looks sexy. Stand it up in the drawing room and it'll be an eyecatcher.
6.Folding@Home. Go cure some cancer :p
7.Becoming more and more like PC everyday - You can play UT3 with keyboard+Mouse and install mods created for the PC version (like omgWTF :O)
As for games, its built up an excellent library by now, and will only get better as the biggest mainstream titles hit in '08.

Back