Best courier service to send electronic stuff..

blue dart is the bext and most expensive

dtdc i great and affordable but dont think they accept electronics so claim it as something else

^Actually, thts the problem...none of these companies seem to accept electronics...so u have to claim the thing as something else..but its a pretty risky thing to do as well..

But then i wonder, how do these sellers on ebay and other online shopping sites manage to send their couriers? :S afterall evn they sell electronic goods...how do they do it then? :S

Now if someone has to courier electronic goods in bulk orders, how wud he do it?

DTDC, in certain cities, don't accept electronics or computer-related items. Bluedart is by far the best, however, they're expensive (although part of it is really the insurance). My Stacker was shipped via Bluedart and today I'm shipping an LCD - you basically get what you pay for.

I have mixed impressions about DTDC too..i recently had sent an AS5 tube via dtdc and the receiver got it after almost 7-8 days...:no: Is it what u call courier service? :p

Btw, does Blue dart and first flight legally accept electronic goods or u have to claim them as something else? :p

Also, do they have any offers for bulk couriers?

Ive been trying to ship my camera to Vizag, and i tried both Blue Dart and First Flight. They didn't accept it under any cost, and pointed to the board on their respective receptions, which said "No Electronic Items". Then i asked the blue dart people, how websites like Sifymall, etc ship their items. They said that, if the customer has an account, personal or corporate, then they can accept electronic items. I guess, we can camouflage the items and call them as something else. But its running a huge risk anyway. As a fellow TE member told me, if the package is being shipped by flight, then they are scanned at the airport. And if they are found to be electronic items, then they might be confiscated. Thats all the info i have on this :) Hope this helps.

i've shipped headphones/soundcard/RAM by First Flight.

Always declared them for what they are. at full value. never had any issues. worked out to be cheaper than blue dart too.

^^ :O How did First Flight allow you ??? I tried twice , but they turned me down saying that they dont accept any electronic items :(

Private Ryan said:
I have mixed impressions about DTDC too..i recently had sent an AS5 tube via dtdc and the receiver got it after almost 7-8 days...:no: Is it what u call courier service? :p

Btw, does Blue dart and first flight legally accept electronic goods or u have to claim them as something else? :p
Also, do they have any offers for bulk couriers?
Bluedart officially accepts any goods, but you will either need to provide an invoice or a declaration with the cost and contents. Surface delivery is Rs.12/kb and air is Rs.60/kg (although dimensions will skew the cost, and the will calculate weight based on that).

Sourav said:
^^ :O How did First Flight allow you ??? I tried twice , but they turned me down saying that they dont accept any electronic items :(

Thats weird. I'v sent so many electronic items through first flight i.e. PSP, Transcend 2.5 Inches Casing with a 120 GB Seagate HDD, and a few more things. Sent it for very cheap too! all under 300-500, when bluedart was asking for 1k+ for the same.

Maybe you need to improve your negotiating skills a little bit :p, coz most of the times the so called st00pid managers who sit @ the firstflight office turn you down saying that electronic items are not shipped, but if you talk to them and tell them that you have done this before then they will listen to you. The funniest part about first flight is that i mustve gone 3-4 times to their office in a span of 6-8 months, and everytime there was a new manager in their office, and i ended up explaining to each of them that i have shipped an electronic item before through first flight before they got their new job :rofl: :rofl: .

I've also had no troubles with DTDC or FirstFlight. I just tell them it has computer spare parts, and they take it without asking any questions. Once, i was shipping my motherboard, and they even did some extra packaging, as mine wasn't that good :)

checksum said:
I've also had no troubles with DTDC or FirstFlight. I just tell them it has computer spare parts, and they take it without asking any questions. Once, i was shipping my motherboard, and they even did some extra packaging, as mine wasn't that good :)

which branch do you go to ?

checksum said:
yeah, I would like to know too mate. They rejected me outright, didnt even give me a chance to explain :(

Back