best cpu cooler in 4k-6k range

fatjivi

Disciple
i have a n520 which im planning to sell coz im not satisfied with it
i have i7 950 and asus sabertooth x58 mobo n i dont think n520 can handle i7 950 at OC

so i was thinking of buying a new cpu cooler in 4k-6k range
plz suggest the best cooler in this price

thnx

Can u tell us which cabinet do u have? If u have a cabinet which has good space for a large cooler then buy Noctua D14... ;) which will cost u 4.6k

yes ur right i have haf 922

how much will hr-02 cost??

yes ive heard good things about it but u dont get fans with it

where am i supposed to fans for it??

also i have a gtx 460 SLI setup

and i heard nh-d14 covers up RAM slots and a PCI slot as well is it true??

as for h70 i heard its quite loud when cpu is loaded???

also i have 3x2gb kingston ddr3 rams

do i need to change them if i OC my i7 950??

NH-D14 covers up RAM slots and hence has the height restrictions ...HR02 will be ~Rs.5400 shipped from USA.... ask the members having it about the details and all... the bundled fan of noctua are not good ..so anyway you will need other fans for the job... like Scythe Gentle Typhoon 120mm and I had used Kingston DDR2 value RAMs ..they were pretty good OC ... anyway for i7 I would suggest you go for Dominator GT Triple Channel Kit... or GSkills Trident.. But as your rig is new try OCing using those Kingston RAM.... and BTW are they HyperX or normal value rams?If HyperX then they should do good for now... I am not pretty sure of the i-series though... BTW what happened to your Intel Extreme Series mobo?

my intel mobo went bad so i RMAed it and then made a deal with the dealer only to change it for asus sabertooth x58

isnt hr-02 available in india??
and is cogage arrow available in india
and also is this ninja and yasya availble here
if so then how much??
id rather avoid nh-d14 coz of RAM restrictions

brother

this is what i suggest

1)get the h70 with 2 scythe fans

2)get the d-14 and mount it in the alternate position

3)i think vivek90 was selling his hr-02 on te forums so check it out

tc cheers :)

the nh is a way better cooler

however it is huge and heavy and im personally not comfortable hanging something so heavy from my board

it is also a beast of a performer though

i also sent u a pm

moksh4u2 said:
brother

this is what i suggest

1)get the h70 with 2 scythe fans

2)get the d-14 and mount it in the alternate position

3)i think vivek90 was selling his hr-02 on te forums so check it out

tc cheers :)
vivek90 is selling Thermalright Venomous-X

http://www.techenclave.com/members-market/thermalright-venomous-x-178279.html

fatjivi said:
thanks buddy

if its not too much can tell me where that thread is for hr-02

and ive read nh-d14 is better than h70??

Here u go

http://www.techenclave.com/members-market/brand-new-sealed-pack-thermalright-hr-178171.html

I had the noctua NH -D14 till few days back...and now using thermalright hr-02 ... ( sold it for the huge size....u will feel it after u use it some days...but the temps are awesome )

If you are overclocking and hav no issues with ram then go with noctua nh-d14 and 3 gentle typhoon....

best I think....

Yes, go for corsair h70 but it has loud noise as i read many reviews, as for noctua 14 it is huge cooler, good in performance, but the support of noctua is hellish worst then our own Govt companies, like MTNL, which was very rude and ignorant, if you have any issue with noctua later, even god could not help you.

well im getting a deal of around 2k or a little bit for venemous x which has never been used and is in perfect condition according to him
vivek90 is selling it here on TE
do u guys think its a good deal??

as for h70 even i read its a bit loud and performance is less than nh-d14 and it costs 1k more than nh-d14 :|
i dont think h70 is such a good deal really
and considering nh-d14's size i think its better to go for HR-02 or veneomous x or possibly cogage arrow
wht say guys???

Back