Best Credit/Debit card in India

JMP

Adept
Hey Guys,

I got a lot of calls from CitiBank representatives continuously to take their Rewards CC. This got me thinking as to which is the most rewarding credit/debit card in the market right now, looked up online, other than a article by jagoinvestor there is not much consolidated information anywhere. So, lets discuss our thoughts and experiences here, I will update this post with any good cc/dc/account offers - so that it serves as a repo for all of us. What say ?

Who is your preferred banking partner ? Why ? (for accounts/deposits)
Which credit / debit card do you recommend ? Why ? (for cards)

Please post in the format below, so that its easy to compare...

::CitiBank::

Card: CitiBank Rewards Credit Card
Annual Fee: Rs 1000/year; waived on spending >30,000/year.
Benefits: 1 pt / 125 Rs spent. 10x points with preferred merchants - jabong, amazon etc.
1 pt = 25 pisa in catalog / 40 pisa at few merchants. Points never expire. (Unlike payback of ICICI)
Frequent offers on eCommerce sites. Eg: Wow Wednesdays. OMG Sale.
Hidden Costs / Pitfalls: Not Known.

Last edited:
don't look at reward points only.
i use hdfc cc regularly for online purchases due to vcc facility. gives security and peace.

don't look at reward points only.
i use hdfc cc regularly for online purchases due to vcc facility. gives security and peace.
Netsafe can be used for funds that are already in the account. Right?

Or can the VCC be loaded using the credit card?

I use 3 different credit cards according to offers:

1. Standard Chartered super value titanium -- for paying Utility Bills (5% cashback) and fuel (2.5% cashback at any petrol pump)
2. Axis My choice -- for Grocery at Dmart (5% cashback --- limit upto 1000 only :()
3. Citibank Indian oil card -- since on axis card all cashback limit exhausted.. got this lifetime free card.

Netsafe can be used for funds that are already in the account. Right?

Or can the VCC be loaded using the credit card?

VCC is connected to ur debit card and card is strait linked to the account so yes can only be used with the money in the account.

hdfc cc has vcc facility.
You create a vcc of certain value (less than your credit limit) and use this vcc for purchase.
so, i never have to enter my plastic cc detail anywhere.

In order to have full benefits you should have multiple cards. I have multiple cards and from my experience Tata Card seems good as it gives 1 point for every Rs. 100 spent and that is equivalent to 1 rupee. On department and grocery store it gives 3x point. These points are easily redeemable at Tata outlets like - Croma, Star Bazaar etc

Please follow a general format so that any reader can at a glance get an idea easily!

Card Name: Each bank has a specific name for the card, mention the same
Issuing Bank: The bank issuing the card
Annual Fee: Mention the amount, if chargeable on a per year basis plus tax if applicable / fee waived off, if so minimum spend
Benefit: Cashback/Reward Points/ Freebies

Back