Best cricket sledges

Some nice sledges in there :)

Thanks for the link

BTW, the Sreesanth-Nel sledge should have been included there too.. When Nel sledged Sreesanth and told that he would get him next ball, Sreesanth hit the next ball for a six and did a nice jig in front of Nel waving his bat :D

Merv Hughes (Australia) and Hansie Cronje (South Africa)

Once during a tour game in South Africa, Merv Hughes was bowling to Hansie Cronje . It was an especially flat wicket and Cronje was hitting Hughes for fours and sixes all over the place.

After the umpteenth boundary, Hughes headed down the pitch, stood near Cronje, let out a fart and said: "Try hitting that for six."

It was five minutes before the guffawing stopped and play could resume.

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

mihirpradhan204 said:
Some nice sledges in there :)
Thanks for the link

BTW, the Sreesanth-Nel sledge should have been included there too.. When Nel sledged Sreesanth and told that he would get him next ball, Sreesanth hit the next ball for a six and did a nice jig in front of Nel waving his bat :D

This is one incident that certainly won't go down in sledging history....trust me :rofl:

Yeah, nothing beats this :

Sledging (cricket) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The great West Indian batsman Viv Richards was notorious for punishing bowlers that dared to sledge him. So much so, that many opposing captains banned their players from the practice. However in a county game against Glamorgan, Greg Thomas attempted to sledge him after he had played and missed at several balls in a row. He asked Richards: "It's red, round and weighs about five ounces, in case you were wondering." Richards hammered the next delivery out of the ground and into a nearby river. Turning to the bowler, he commented: "Greg, you know what it looks like, now go and find it."

hmasalia said:
Old stuff.....

Must have been copied from one of my threads earlier on TE

I agree that it is old stuff. But isn't it presumptuous to think that DNA newspaper / website copied it from your thread? When you posted your thread, you must also have sourced this information from some magazine / website / email forward, isn't it? It is available in the public domain.

paraman said:
I agree that it is old stuff. But isn't it presumptuous to think that DNA newspaper / website copied it from your thread? When you posted your thread, you must also have sourced this information from some magazine / website / email forward, isn't it? It is available in the public domain.

That was a scarastic comment :p

Back