Best deal of my life so far and a awesome day

ronnie_gogs

Morphing from a Geek to a Nerd
Skilled
So here goes my story...... hope i don't bore u guys....

Today was a really good day for me......:eek:hyeah:

Got the best deal for something which is worth far more.....:p $350 as per US rates

Monitor 40 Product Page : Two-way bookshelf loudspeaker : Polk Audio

As I said before I saw a deal in Croma for Polk monitor 40 for 5k.....I was so happy abt the deal, but yesterday I went to reliance and saw Polk Monitor 30 (smaller brother to these i guess) for 10k each :( .....I was like wtf did I make a mistake.....

So today I went straight to Croma and confirmed 5k for a pair and i was like :clap:

Asked them how many they had in stock and it came up as this is the last one and none were coming too.....

I panicked.... I had to have it but was short of mullah now....so I asked them and they booked them for me for part of the payment:hap2: ....

so for 1.2k my Polk's are booked,

total damage will be Rs 5249

with 2 years extended warranty for 250 bucks.... so 2 + 2 = 4 years warranty:tongue:

will get them after 21st now....

Some teaser pics ;) taken from my phone cam

Some other things that happened today....

Got my net connection in my new house

Met a couple of bikini clad american babes in the pool while swimming today which was totally unexpected...:ashamed:

All this happened after I donated blood today....good karma i guess.....:)

ronnie_gogs said:
Met a couple of bikini clad american babes in the pool while swimming today which was totally unexpected...:ashamed:

All this happened after I donated blood today....good karma i guess.....:)

n thats ur showoff :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
anyway .......nice set of speakers :eek:hyeah:

Everyone goin OT :p.....

well was in my chaddi :rofl: when i saw them pool side :bleh: ...

now lets get back to the speakers....

nice deal mate...

good to see organized retailing (and its accompanying benefits for the customer) falling into place in India :)

@ Chaos ...good for peace of mind I guess :) .....

Now main task is to build the amp for these ...:bleh:.....

[ot] sorry : so any mumbai ppl checked out mumbai croma outlets ? any other steal deals happening ? i see these hording all around mumbai for their diwali festival offers that are going on ......

@ronnie_gogs: any other good deals u checked out too ?

weekend is just a day away...time to go to croma and do a lil bit of spying...

Wows... :D

Congrats bro.. Too good a deal..

5k's beyond a steal I believe if it was to retail for 350$ a pair. :)

Hunt a good amp to pair with these babies. :D

@hanzy : has lots of deals but u have to hunt and also different outlet have diff deals....like only one Croma in Ahmedabad had this deal so I guess u have to hunt and see for urself...:p.....

@Gunman....: plan is to build a amp....with inputs from sangram and Chaos....:p

already a plan in motion....

Kneo said:
Where did you get your share of 'Felix Felicis'??? :)

Had to search google to understand what u meant....:bleh:

Harry potter wiki :) ....

I plan to donate blood whenever I can from now on....:hap2:

Congrats on the purchase.

@superczar - I have seen the most competitive prices in stores like staples. And if you are like me, who doesnt like to haggle much, then probably these stores are the best option. Of course it pays to be informed and connected ;)

I love staples store, whenever I'm going there the bill isn't anywhere less than 5-8K.

But I'm loving the way they are investing, and then comes jumbo electronics. Things are finally changing. I'm waiting for bestbuy or some other to enter India as FDI. As Staples have already did, i'm sure officemax on its way.

Back