Best durable laptop under 40k

dgeneration911

Disciple
hi guys,

i am planning to get rid of my desktop and get a new laptop.

what is the best laptop available for under 40k-42k max (15"-17" screen)

i have short listed the HpDv6 and the lenovo z570.. since i will be replacing the desktop, i would need a bit more performance from the Lappy(eg: gaming at low-med
settings,multimedia,1080p movies).. i liked the build quality of the Hpdv6 .. would prefer if the laptop is not entirely plastic.
would prefer Core i5 Proccy , 4gb ram and hopefully a gt525m or gt540m gfx. Long shot = backlit keyboard.

has the Amd llano platform taken off in india. i am guessing they would be cheaper than the sandy bridge..any idea about its performance.. It seems impossible to find llano powered(A6) lappy's in india.

i am open to any brand..

please suggest some options.

Dell Vostro 4550 fits your requirements.
Robust aluminum gloss-free built, Upto Core i5*, AMD 6630M GPU, Backlit keyboard and accidental warranty.
Check out Dell site and customise accordingly.

I would recommend Ideapad z570. Had a chance to check it out - good build quality, a little bit on heavier side, but will be good as desktop replacement. Choose one with Core i5 2nd generation CPU, and you will probably be able to get one with a decent GPU in your budget.

which one is better among these 2:

1. Asus K53sv

Asus K Series K53SV-SX520V Laptop: Flipkart.com: Compare, Review Asus Notebook

2. Acer Timeline 5830tg

Acer Aspire 5830TG Laptop With dedicated Graphics: Flipkart.com: Compare, Review Acer Notebook

the lenovo Z570 in the same budget does not come with the Gtx540.. the above 2 laptops should play med setting games and thats enough for me.

not sure about their built quality though but the tech Specs are good enough to replace my 4 year old desktop.

Asus gives up USB3.0 for 250GB more of HDD space, while the Acer has USB3.0 with 500GB HDD. Else the config seems to be the same, would recommend ASUS if it comes with 2yr warranty. Else its Acer. This is purely on specs, the 500 can be upgraded to a 750GB/1TB, but adding USB3.0 will be requiring an ExpressCard upgrade, so not worth it.

Oh, and also your choice of colour matters, as they dont seem to be giving the same shade :p

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

Go with ASUS.

ASUS has additional 1GB of Graphics, 1GB of RAM, 250GB HDD compared to Acer, but Acer has great battery life and an additional USB 3 Port, depends on you, but if I'd be in your place then would go for ASUS

i have been scared off the hp with its heating problem..the Asus reviews say that its one of the coolest laptops even while gaming.

i dont have any usb 3.0 device yet although not sure about the future.

Also not sure about the built quality of Acer and it seems like processor throttling is a big issue.

the Acer seems to have more Battery life + usb 3.0 port,, but i am not sure about the quality of it..

getting really confusing now :S

I will advice u never to go for HP from my personla experience because of the heating problem and poor battery life. even wen ur browsing internet it dets very hot....

I was using a HP dv6 2005 ax. because of the heating problem its main board conked out after just 1.5 years of use. now the service center guys are telling that it will take 18.5K to replace the board...and my battery is also gone which will take another 6K to replace. so never go for HP.

dgeneration911 said:
thanks for that..it seems perfect for me.

but why is the 17" cheaper than the 15" ? and specs of the 17" base outdoes the 15" completely.

I guess its because a 17 inch laptop can use larger components, hence lower cost.

A smaller laptop means more complex cooling arrangements,etc as well

But thats just a guess

Back