Best electronic thing I can get from Shanghai? :P

eggman

Adept
Right now I'm sitting in the airport and waiting for the plane. Horribly sleep deprived.

Please suggest me some nice electronic stuff that I can buy from Shanghai
icon_smile.gif

Nothing great is available there which is not available in India. You might have to scour the electronic markets to checkout the things. I have bought a PMP from there (4.3" for video viewing). Audio is crap but works well for video viewing. This was when i did not have a video capable (big screen) phone. I still use it sometimes.
Btw i did get my main media play eaget m880 which is functionally same as the AC Ryan Play On HD - Same hardware, everything same (except firmware) but half the price. That was back in 2009.

You are in Shanghai for how much time ? I hope you don't want to buy something NOW sitting at the airport ?

^^ He wanted something electronic. You asking him to get it from a chinese cyborg? Thing might short-circuit on him :p

Nothing great is available there which is not available in India. You might have to scour the electronic markets to checkout the things. I have bought a PMP from there (4.3" for video viewing). Audio is crap but works well for video viewing. This was when i did not have a video capable (big screen) phone. I still use it sometimes.
Btw i did get my main media play eaget m880 which is functionally same as the AC Ryan Play On HD - Same hardware, everything same (except firmware) but half the price. That was back in 2009.

You are in Shanghai for how much time ? I hope you don't want to buy something NOW sitting at the airport ?
I'm there for 3 weeks. It's fine if i don't get anything special, but something in half the price would do for me :-D

I'm there for 3 weeks. It's fine if i don't get anything special, but something in half the price would do for me :-D

On a weekend, take the metro train to Xujiahui station and find your way to Metro City Mall (exit 12 may be). No point asking people there as no one would understand English. Explore the malls there and try looking at stuff and see what entices you. Bargain like your life depends on it. No shame in that. As you wont be able to talk as such, best form of bargain is the calculator that those people will be having with them.

Just a note, do not buy the Hitachi Neso external HDD no matter how cheap it is. Its just a laptop HDD inside a casing and not a real HDD (like seagate etc)

If you are planning to buy something nice buy a S3 as a surprise gift for me as my current phone is stolen and my b'thday is also approaching :p

Anyway i think you should look for lifestyle electronics there which are generally not available in India, and yeah if robot vacuum cleaner (from irobot) is available there dont forget to buy one :D, but remember go for brand only :)

Back