Audio Best Gaming Headphones for Gaming[under 6000INR]

Hi,

I am a gaming enthusiast and love the gaming with speakers full blown and graphics cranked up to maximum(well with my current set up i can afford to play most of the games at max setting on 1400 X 900). But the problem is that i am in college:(...... No no no, me being in college isnt a problem:p, i meant, i am in clg thus live in hostel here. Thus i cannot even go over 5 percent sound on my 4400W speakers without desturbing others or getting abuse:eek:hyeah::eek:hyeah:.... Its just no fun to play the games with volume low and just interpret the cutscenes by turning on the subtitles as the sound is barely audible. This is the reason i have stopped playing dragonAge last week(it depends heavily on dialogues for the narration of story which fails due to so low sound)....
First i thought of getting a cheap local headphone to sortout the problem but it wasnt fun( i tried my friend's headphone). So i decided to get a good set of gaming headphones once it for all:hap2::hap2:... That shall make my neighbours in hostel happy and would give me sweeeeeet sound as well.
So i googled about headphones and finally shortlisted two gaming headphones under 6000 INR.:clap::clap:....

1.RAZOR Barracuda
2.Turtle Beach TBS-2114 Earforce HPA2 5.1 Surround Sound Headset with Amplifier and Removable Microphone

Both are costing me Rs 5800 (excluding shipping) from KMD (in india Razor Barracuda retails around 8000 Bucks:mad::mad::mad:)....

I have checked numerous reviews. Both seems pretty even. Though Turtlebeach just edges Razor. Some users in their review(who had used both headphones) claimed that Razor might have had their headphones manufactured by turtlebeach as the build and design is extremely similar baring a few minor changes here and there...

So i have made up my mind on Turtlebeach headphones and started saving now( i hope i would get to 6k mark by the mid of Jan as my exams would finish on 7th Jan, So long hours of gaming..... here i cum:p).
If anyone can suggest a better headphone with in the sam price tag or can link me to a better deal than the amazon or newegg deal, then please post it.

Thanks

JB:cool2:

I dont know about gaming alone dude, But I game too, listen to music and love wathcing movies. Therefore I bought the Audio Technica ATH-M50S for $100, Via KMD it Rs.7k I think. These are the best headphones under $100 and they are bloody good. If you need the mic stuff, then these headphones are not ok

What u need to think about

1. Good sound, dont just get a boomy bass headset.

2. Closed cups, Sennheiser HD555 are good but are open ear, therefore sound leaks, a big no no for me and your situation

3. Dont just think gaming when buying.

These were my original considerations...see if this helps

What I want it for...

1. Music (2 to 3 hours) - 60% of my listening time

2. Movies - 25% of my listening time

3. Games (PC) - 15% of my listening time

Limitations for purchase...

- Closed type headphones only as I don't want sound to leak out

- Headphones around the ear preferable e.g.Sennheiser HD280Pro's rather than Cresyn HP500 On-ear ones. On-ear types always bring pressure on the ears

- Portability not an issue, the headphones will sit near my comp always

- Of course the budget

I know i shoudlnt make desicion based on just a single fact but,

What I want it for...:p

1. Music - I do it on my Ipod mostly and the earphones are damn good, too bad they are not long enuff. Else i wud have treid using them with pc :bleh

2. Movies - 25% of my listening time

3. Games (PC) - 75% of my listening time

Do you care for money...i mean performance for what you pay...then headsets like barracuda , 5hv2 etc are a BIG NoNo...they aint even really worth more than arnd say 1.5k -2k..even tho 5h has good positional audio..its soundquality reminds me of cheap 100rs headphones of tech com and iball

If you care abt value for money...get the audio technica AD700 eyes closed......and trust me they are even way better than all of them for gaming alone, performs great for music and movies too, you can never go wrong with that purchase i guarantee you. I Still remember that i bought a 5hv2 for 3K when i had the ad700 with me , i bought the 5h only because it was available for 3k...boxed pack one...and when i used it....worst soundquality ive ever witnessed from a headset... no bass and not so balanced treble which gives a "piercing effect to the ears" which results in kind of headaches....even the iball and philips headsets available at low budget performs much better, i decided to sell it within 10 mins of usage No offense to any1 who recomended that headphone or owns one

xtr.pwnzor said:
Do you care for money...i mean performance for what you pay...then headsets like barracuda , 5hv2 etc are a BIG NoNo......its soundquality reminds me of cheap 100rs headphones of tech com and iball

I can second that. Well I wouldn't say as cheap as iball crap, but I've owned a pair of Zalman 5.1's and yes the headphone were great for its 5.1 but the sound quality, clarity was just not there...pretty bad actually. But I hadn't heard anything better really so it was cool for me then. Then I got Rs.1000 ka HP headphones which I used for years...the sound started to get real muddy. Now that I use Audio Technica MTH-50s....WOW the sound clarity is AWESOME...never heard something that beautiful. These are studio monitor headphones category, and are great around Rs.5k. But In India they cost Rs.10k officially :mad:. Luckily got it from a friend coming down from the US.

If AD-700 sound stage and positioning is not good enough for you I'd suggest a decent 5/7 channel speaker at the same cost over those surround sound headphones as their improvement over Ad-700 won't be as noticeable as in case of the speakers,in terms of positioning.

Back