Budget 71-90K Best graphic card for i9 14000k generation

neelp

Recruit
Hi can you please help me to select best graphic card for my desktop pc . I am using 4 monitor setup pc for trading .my processor is i9 1400k, gigabyte auros z790 master x ,64gb ram,nvme 4 gen 1tb samsung pro ,Corsair 1000w power supply and old gigabyte windforce 980 graphic card.
Can you suggest me some graphic card which will not create a bootleneck and give me best performance . I used application like ninjatrader, and quantower. My budget is around 1 lakh .

Hi can you please help me to select best graphic card for my desktop pc . I am using 4 monitor setup pc for trading .my processor is i9 1400k, gigabyte auros z790 master x ,64gb ram,nvme 4 gen 1tb samsung pro ,Corsair 1000w power supply and old gigabyte windforce 980 graphic card.
Can you suggest me some graphic card which will not create a bootleneck and give me best performance . I used application like ninjatrader, and quantower. My budget is around 1 lakh .
Welp!
Hope those monitors are 4K high refresh rate units.
Slap this baby on and call it a day.

Welp!
Hope those monitors are 4K high refresh rate units.
Slap this baby on and call it a day.

Yeah is there I am.using Intel and using amd will it cause bootleneck or degrade my performance ?? What about sustainably issue .I am using nvidia 980 from last 9 years without any issue .. does amd graphic card are sustainable ? Anyone can reply ..

Unless you have a productivity or AI/ML type workload that specifically benefits from Nvidia technology, AMD is better value for money. And competes much better than any other Nvidia gpu in it's price bracket.

And no, your Intel cpu does not care whether you use an Nvidia gpu or an AMD gpu.

What is the "performance" that you're after? What is the "bottleneck" faced currently?
Is it (1)silky smooth multi monitor desktop setups or (2)gaming performance or (3)GPU Compute?

Ninjatrader and Quantower so not seem to be too graphically intensive, probably just need good desktop rendering.

In case of 1, get an A2000. Low power, 4x 4K DP supported.

In case of 2, as suggested above, 7900XTX is great value at high end. 4080 Super if RT performance above all else.

In case of 3, 4080 Super at MSRP should do!!

Can you post a pic of your complete set-up. I too have almost the same specs you have - except for an i5-13600K and an ASUS TUF GAMING GEFORCE RTX 3060 V2 LHR 12GB GDDR6.

What is the "performance" that you're after? What is the "bottleneck" faced currently?
Is it (1)silky smooth multi monitor desktop setups or (2)gaming performance or (3)GPU Compute?

Ninjatrader and Quantower so not seem to be too graphically intensive, probably just need good desktop rendering.

In case of 1, get an A2000. Low power, 4x 4K DP supported.

In case of 2, as suggested above, 7900XTX is great value at high end. 4080 Super if RT performance above all else.

In case of 3, 4080 Super at MSRP should do!!
Thanks you bro for your reply .i have some problem with ninjatrader a software use for trading when I use it it freeze for few min and hangs when I switch different chart in ninjatrader and GPU usage is high.while trading live market it very risky ,so that what I have problem with. I will post screenshot once I am at home ,and my mostly setup for trading and i have started learning python and all ,in future I would like to go for Al course which would help me in trading .

Why do you need a new gpu ? i had used ninjatrader many many years ago - charts don't need any high end gpus, even integrated should be enough and backtests run on cpu.

Unless you have some specialized use case, trading apps should not need dedicated gpus.
Does not seem to be your usecase, but If this is some AI/ML thing, then yeah go with nvidia i guess and probably make sure you have enough VRAM.

So only thing you need is output to 4 monitors and that is probably what people can recommended for (I don't have one since i only use 1).
Does your current gpu not already handle this ?

Get a 4080 Super FE for 105000. No where else to look forward to.

Nonsense. Why should he do that ? Whats his use case ? He did not mention gaming, and from what i can tell only needs to run desktop trading apps and output to 4 monitors.
Thanks you bro for your reply .i have some problem with ninjatrader a software use for trading when I use it it freeze for few min and hangs when I switch different chart in ninjatrader and GPU usage is high.while trading live market it very risky ,so that what I have problem with. I will post screenshot once I am at home ,and my mostly setup for trading and i have started learning python and all ,in future I would like to go for Al course which would help me in trading .

You might want to check with ninjatrader first, perhaps check in their forums about your issue. Charts are not gpu heavy, its more likely that you have some problem with your code (which normally runs on cpu ). I am not familar with NT chart language and next line may be wrong - but normally we deal with arrays in trading code - make sure its optimized that way instead of using loops over data ( generally array code runs on native code whereas loop is interpreted ).

Future stuff, its better to wait for actual need i think. 980 should bemore than enough until then.
I am a profitable trader, i use charts and backtests etc ( not with ninjatrader) and i have no need for gpu for this. AI is no magic holy grail for trading, atleast not yet and it seems more likely to me that it will overoptimize things as data is limited ( could be wrong ).

That said, if you want to buy anyway for 1L, then yeah go for 4080/4080super - its a badly priced product but doesnt matter. Its probably not to going to help, otherwise everyone would have started buying gpus for trading.

Last edited:
Back