Graphic Cards Best graphics card for Hardware video Transcoding and playing videos at 1080p

krishnenduk

Disciple
I would like to buy a good graphics card for Hardware video Transcoding and playing videos at 1080p, strictly no gaming.. Which card within a budget of 4.5K will serve my purpose? It should also support audio bitstreaming.

My system config is,

Intel Dual core E 2400

MSI P45 Neo2-FR

2.5GB transcend RAM

2TB Hdd etc....

Currently i am getting an offer for SAPPHIRE HD 4850 1GB GDDR3 PCI-E card used one for 4.3K with warranty remaining of about 1 year 11 months.. Is it a good choice?

http://www.sapphiretech.com/presentation/product/?leg=&psn=000101&pid=177

Pls help me out......

Buy Sapphire HD5450 1GB ~ 2750... it wud b able to handle HD movies... But for encoding videos i wudn't suggest u to use GPU coz GPU encoded videos look very bad... After encoding videos using GPU u wud find jerkiness in those videos...

Hades. said:
Buy Sapphire HD5450 1GB ~ 2750... it wud b able to handle HD movies... But for encoding videos i wudn't suggest u to use GPU coz GPU encoded videos look very bad... After encoding videos using GPU u wud find jerkiness in those videos...
what?? ????

Grab a HD5670 new one instead of old HD4850.

comp@ddict said:
what?? ????

Grab a HD5670 new one instead of old HD4850.
^^ Buddy HD5670 is overkill for just watching movies... And as far as the jerkiness is concerned u can check the above link that i've posted... CPUs are best to encode videos... :)

^^ he is buying HD4850, dont u think that's an overkill???

EDIT:

Toms had a problem, Have u used it personally??

I have, no problem till now. it works brilliantly for me

The Final Word on the Best Radeon HTPC Card - AnandTech

Anandtech said:
So while the 5450 is a very capable HTPC card (more so than we first thought), it is not the perfect HTPC card like the 5570. If you need every last bell & whistle, the 5450 isn’t quite up to the task. But with Vector Adaptive deinterlacing working, it’s a reasonable expectation that the 5450 offers enough for most people – compared to Vector Adaptive deinterlacing, it’s in our own experience that the other post-processing features go unused most of the time.

If this is going inside an HTPC, avoid the 4850 - they (the reference AMD designs) are the one of those noisy cards and the fans whine like mad! A passively cooled card is the best solution inside an HTPC. Get the cheapest HD 5570.

HD 5570, Laptops Computer Peripherals items at low prices on eBay India

comp@ddict said:
^^ he is buying HD4850, dont u think that's an overkill???

Yes ofcourse and BTW when did i suggest him to buy HD4850?

EDIT:

Toms had a problem, Have u used it personally??

I have, no problem till now. it works brilliantly for me

Well i havent coz i already have a powerful CPU to do encoding stuff :D... But i have heard that GPUs doesn't give best output as compared to CPU... AND BTW its a fact...

MaximumPC said:
A quad-core CPU and a good codec deliver similar performance and superior image quality compared to the fledgling GPU-based encoder, and a quad-core CPU speeds more than just video encoding.

@Alpha17

Thanks for the link...

Well i havent coz i already have a powerful CPU to do encoding stuff

hurray, not everyone does, which you would have noticed if you had taken a look at his system specs that he posted on the 1st post.

comp@ddict said:
hurray, not everyone does, which you would have noticed if you had taken a look at his system specs that he posted on the 1st post.

Yes i know that... If he is much into encoding then he shud invest money in a better CPU than GPU... and it wud best if OP can wait for LIano APUs (Athlon II 640 CPU + HD56xx GPU)

and BTW i think its not worth to make u understand that CPU encoded videos look more identical to the source than GPU encoded coz u r not ready to believe...

Back