Monitors Best LCD available in 19" ??

practically speakin, if any panel gives good 160/140 viewing angles, that's pretty good for a LCD

even though an IPS panel may be capable of giving say 180/160 vieiwng angles, it's only the high end ips panels that'll actually give you that....

so again, i am not very sure but perhaps it boils down to the fact that the hs95 uses a high grade IPS panel thereby giving close to the theoretical viewing angles while a technically higher rated ips panel may actually give you less

Anish said:
^ Hey Eddy, any idea about the VG2030WM pricing ?

I didn't bother looking for those prices :ashamed: , but one shop did quote 16.5k for the vg2021m and 18k for the vg2030wm . I know the prices were off, so going by Kumar's quote it should probably be an additional 1.5k over that price.

And yes, its a replacement for the vx2025wm but a poor one at that . Its very much a TN panel. Annoying thing is most stores give the usual 2030 > 2025, its a new model so must be better and other marketing talk.

Chaos said:
^^TN and good viewing angles don't go together... However good the panel is, its limited to 160/140.

chaos i have a sony and its a TN panel ...... but viewing angles are awesome ....... u can see almost from any angle ...... saiyan has seen the screen and he was quite surprised too ....

Rahul said:
chaos i have a sony and its a TN panel ...... but viewing angles are awesome ....... u can see almost from any angle ...... saiyan has seen the screen and he was quite surprised too ....

Its probably amongst the best in TN panels. Most of them advertise 160/140 but they are invisible once you get to 120/120. This particular monitor is probably allowing the full 160/140. However they are still no match for even an entry level S-IPS. The Dells and NECs are all 178/178 which is way way better than anything TN or P-MVA can ever achieve. The only thing that can come close is probably S-PVA.

Aditya said:
So I guess the best buy now is the VP2030WM?

Not exactly. Also its VG2030WM, not VP . Its a TN panel, but it seems to be pretty cheap among the 20" lot. If you're on a tight budget, it would be a decent buy.

Back